User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsville View Post
    What are you guys doing about the lack of a lock in the bathroom?
    So far the lack of a lock hasn’t been an issue at all with just the 2 of us. That might change when we take the grand kids with us.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No lock on bathroom door not an issue for us as well but after 41 years of marriage there is no mystery left.

On our 2950 we have the hall door (swinging ) and the bathroom pocket door leading to the bedroom. If we wanted a lock on the hall door I would try to replace the door knob assembly with one from a home improvement store that locks. Now the pocket door is more of a problem. Maybe get a sliding chain lock? Or our sliding pocket door has a plastic snap strip to hold it open while traveling. I think I would look at adding another snap to the bathroom wall, and making another strip out of web like seat belt material about 3 to 4 inches long. Snap one end to the bathroom side of the sliding door, the other end to the bathroom wall.

You owners with the 2970, you don't have the pocket door leading from the bath to the bedroom. I think your hall door is a swinging door? Or is it a pocket door?

OOps, its the other way around on the snaps. I dis-remembered. The factory clear plastic snap strip for the pocket door is permanently screwed to the bathroom side of the wall. I got a snap assembly package from Home Depot like you might use to put snaps in a boat cover. I made a small strip out of seat belt material about 4 inches long. I put a couple snaps on each end, screwed a snap to the bedroom side of the wall, and presto I have a bedroom pocket door lock.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-11-2019 at 12:58 PM. Reason: revision
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s just a normal swinging door

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Artsville: Maybe you could find or create a do not disturb sign to hang on the door knob when someone is occupying.... would be cheap, easy (no buying new locking door knob & install it) and won't have to worry about someone getting locked in (young child) or out of the bathroom! Our grandsons like to turn the lock on the bathroom door & close it with no one in it.... which makes it a challenge when you need to use it! Good Luck!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congrats! We loved the 2970RL layout, but settled on a 2500RL and bought about when you got yours. We we in N Tucson winters and will head east in a couple months for the summer. We've only had ours out a couple times yet, but look forward to taking it out again soon. We hope to make a GD rally at some point. Enjoy your new rig!
    Cheers,

Don
    2019 Imagine 2500RL
    Ford F-150 Lariat 5.4L 3V
    Our rig

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of our trailers have had looks on the bathroom doors and current one is not different. We have a rule that if the door is closed don't open it without asking first. If kids are small enough not to understand it really doesn't matter for us. So far the rule has worked pretty good.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mainuh
    Thanks a bunch...happy trails!!
    James and Kim
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 2500 Duramax, SWD,

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    None of our trailers have had looks on the bathroom doors and current one is not different. We have a rule that if the door is closed don't open it without asking first. If kids are small enough not to understand it really doesn't matter for us. So far the rule has worked pretty good.

Rob
    +1 No kids here (grown), but if the door is closed... Our bath on the 2500RL is right in the middle between BR and living area and both are pocket sliding doors. No problems yet! ;-) We love the spacious bathroom in the 2500RL. Our previous Itasca Navion was so small my knees were against the wall when sitting on the throne! TMI maybe...
    Last edited by Mainuh; 02-24-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    Cheers,

Don
    2019 Imagine 2500RL
    Ford F-150 Lariat 5.4L 3V
    Our rig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12