User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quotes from dealers US and Canada

Some of you might have read my other posts on looking for a 297RSTS. We looked at a 2018 used one that looks in fabulous condition the owners knew everything about the trailer and had documents to support information. Linda and I spent two hours this week at a dealer in Florida on a 297 trying everything out opening and closing everything even where the cat would sleep. I brought a thumb drive and played music to check out the speakers and the volume. Discovered that on speaker 2 it plays outside seems Hwy to Hell at 3/4 volume didn't go over well but the speakers inside and out were ok for TV. I asked the dealer for a quote and he provided on that afternoon. So I have a used price and one new price so I email a dealer in Ontario Canada for a quote. So the used one is 11 grand below new US but the dealer in Canada is only 4 grand over the US new quote. While the used one comes with a lot of items including the hitch the one in Canada is priced not much higher when you do the exchange. The exact same unit in the US has been quoted 42,995.00 plus tax and lic which is 57,26x.xx Ca the dealer in Canada wants 46,995.00 ca. I was expecting the US price to be a lot less money not more than the Canadian dealer am I missing something?

Ken

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ken,

Interesting research! There is more to the Canadian vs US new RV pricing than just the exchange rate. The Canadian dealers have to price to “what the market will bear”. This seems to be less of a difference than the exchange rate. From what you have found, the new unit from the Canadian dealer looks like the better deal.

There are also some “hoops to go through and some taxes to be paid” in bringing a US unit into Canada.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 5er version of the 297 and did not pay 43k for it. I think a little more shopping is in order. Ours was brand new straight from GD so it was not on the lot , maybe that's where I got a better deal.

Brian

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you are from Wasaga beach I would get a quote from Layzee Acres in Orillia. That is where we bought ours. It was a 2018 built in October 2017 and we bought in Sept 2018 on clearance for $39,995 CAD. Not sure what dealer here in Canada your quote is from but it is the same price that Outdoor RV in Hamilton quoted us for a 2019. I know Layzee Acres says best price in North America. I would try them if you have not and they are really close to you.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Since you are from Wasaga beach I would get a quote from Layzee Acres in Orillia. That is where we bought ours. It was a 2018 built in October 2017 and we bought in Sept 2018 on clearance for $39,995 CAD. Not sure what dealer here in Canada your quote is from but it is the same price that Outdoor RV in Hamilton quoted us for a 2019. I know Layzee Acres says best price in North America. I would try them if you have not and they are really close to you.

Rob
    The quote came from Hamilton. I did email Layzee Acres for a quote not heard back from them yet.

That's a great price.

Ken

2020 Imagine 2450RL

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Ken,

Interesting research! There is more to the Canadian vs US new RV pricing than just the exchange rate. The Canadian dealers have to price to “what the market will bear”. This seems to be less of a difference than the exchange rate. From what you have found, the new unit from the Canadian dealer looks like the better deal.

There are also some “hoops to go through and some taxes to be paid” in bringing a US unit into Canada.

Rob
    I've had two friends buy RV'S in the states one new from Big Daddy in Kentucky. They didn't pay any tax in the US as the dealer did the sale based on export. They were given a temporary plate and paid the GST at the border. Our other friend bought a used trailer in Florida kept it here for a year and then brought it into Canada didn't have that much of a problem at the border but they paid tax in Florida and a year later in Canada. I was thinking on buying the used one leaving it here till a year April then bring it home but the prices in Canada have changed that.

Ken

2020 Imagine 2450RL

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iproff1 View Post
    The quote came from Hamilton. I did email Layzee Acres for a quote not heard back from them yet.

That's a great price.

Ken

We bought from A.J Roper and so did friends of ours and they found him good to deal with as well. He didn't have a lot of work with us as we had seen the trailer a couple of weeks ago, knew that this was what we wanted and were buying this particular unit. All he had to do was let us in so we could do a thorough three times over to find all the things we wanted them to fix before PDI. Here is his email address. Might help to email him direct. [email protected]

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got on the internet and typed in the model we wanted and within a couple of hours I found two, in the price range we wanted, not new tho, two yrs old. gently used, saved $50,000. New one was $86,000 on 20 yr loan, and the one we bought is a $46,000 on a 12 yr loan, same interest rate. I do not like taking that big hit on brand new thing. So look around you can find some good deals.

PS; I got $ 15,000 more for my trade in going with the used one.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Rob, I bought a Jayco a few years ago from Lazy Acres and just a few months ago bought an Imagine 2970rl.
    I got prices throughout Ontario and Michigan as I am located in Windsor. Best price hands down was Lazy Acres nobody was even close

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also purchased for Layzee Acres, a few years ago. One of the things we liked was their "out the door" price quote policy. Other dealers seemed to quote us a price and then when got into the details there was "Oh . . . didn't we tell you about the delivery/prep/PDI/whatever fees ??"
    Another good sales contact at Layzee Acres is Josh Allen [email protected]

(yet another) Rob
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 02-08-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast