User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realize USAA is not full replacement cost like progressive on new trailers. I also agree with above you have to be very specific that you have a tow behind travel trailer or they will say you have to go with progressive. In the end the extra 150 a year was worth it to me to get full value in case of an accident with progressive even though everything else I have is with USAA.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI there are two independant insurance agencies that specialize in RV coverage. One is Farm and City Insurance out of Forrest City Iowa and the other is Miller Incurance out of Portland OR. Personally I use Farm and City. I moved all my insurance to them and was able to get a package price on Full time RV along with vehicle coverage. Where I really saved is on our second car which stays parked 10 months of the year. It's still covered for theft and storm damaged but not for the driving portion such as comp/collision and liability. This feature reduced my bill by $600 to $800 per year (I don't remember exactly).
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been a USAA member for over 30 years. Once they opened business to the masses the customer service went down hill on the insurance side. Their rates are not nearly as competitive as they used to be, same with claims service. I still bank there but took my insurance business elsewhere and saved money and get great service as well.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its a travel trailer... you need to bundle it. The reason is the liability coverage. Your vehicles liability coverage extends to your TT. If you get separate coverage for your TT, you will pay for its own liability coverage which would be a waste of money.

And on the other comments about USAA - USAA does NOT covers RV (something with its own motor) but they DO cover TT's. You have to specify with a rep. Don't say RV during the automated questions - just say auto - or they will send you to progressive.

No USAA does not offer full replacement cost but in my opinion I don't think that insurance is as good as some make it out to be unless you are full financing a brand new piece of equipment. the insurance cost is going to go up over time and your rates will continue to rise. Insurance is a balance of cost and risk. People need to remember that.
    Last edited by Deptacon; 02-12-2019 at 07:31 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called USAA this morning and spoke with a very nice service representative. She verified "no motor" on the TT and added our TT to our vehicle policy. Saved $165/year from Progressive. So a big THANK YOU to those that suggested a call to USAA rather than on-line self-service (which sends you to Progressive).
    2019 GD Imagine 2600RB
    Maxxis M8008 ST Radial 225/75R-15 E 10-ply tires
    MoRryde CRE2-35 CRE3000 w/ wet bolt kit & X-Factor cross-member
    Furrion Observation camera with 5-inch monitor
    Equalizer WDH 1,000/10,000

2018 Toyota Tundra SR5 Extended Cab
    Michelin Defender LTX E-rated tires
    RoadMaster Active Suspension (in lieu of TRD sway bar and airbags)
    BakFLip MX4 hard-folding tonneau cover
    Putco Blade LED Tailgate Light Bar
    Westin stainless R7 running boards

Southern Arizona - We're close to Tombstone and can see Mexico (Mt. San Jose) from our backyard.
    US Army, Retired

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with Geico. Total full coverage, including liability for $290 for 6 months. Bundled with 2 vehicles, apartment insurance. Hopefully when we go full time and the apartment goes bye bye it wont change......
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    My Solitude is on my USAA auto policy along with the truck and my other car. They added it no problem, same coverage and deductibles as the truck. They are reasonably enough priced that I'll leave it with them, been a member 39 years. Dang I'm getting old lol
    When we switched our insurance package back to USAA we didn't have any issues either. They insure it parked or hooked up. We were away from them for a bit b/c they wouldn't insure our new house because we are in a forested area and we finished construction right after theWaldo Canyon & Blackforest Fires ended and USAA had something like 80% of the losses in the two fires in this area. They changed the perameters and we went back to them.
    2019 Reflection 367BHS with a few mods
    2018 F350 6.7 SRWD CCSB
    1971 F250 Highboy with lots & lots of mods...

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so glad i found this thread. I too have USAA and had my last TT insured through them but called them just the other day to quote the new rig and got sent to progressive. Progressive gave me an outrageous quote, which i denied of course. I now know what to do tomorrow when i call USAA back, thanks!

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just FYI
    Progressive is owned by George Soros.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased our first RV and went with Nationwide. Full coverage, total replacement, $500 deductible for $504.00 a year. It is bundled along with our motorcycle coverage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast