Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Sam /RV club ?

I'm new to the RV lifestyle and I was wondering if people are using Good Sam club or any other club, which offers similar benefits. Do you find this helpful? Do you use them for roadside assistance? If you used roadside assistance was it good? I'd imagine they dispatch a local company for towing or to service your battery, etc. In general do you find it beneficial and worth the cost?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luke79 View Post
    I'm new to the RV lifestyle and I was wondering if people are using Good Sam club or any other club, which offers similar benefits. Do you find this helpful? Do you use them for roadside assistance? If you used roadside assistance was it good? I'd imagine they dispatch a local company for towing or to service your battery, etc. In general do you find it beneficial and worth the cost?
    We belong to Good Sam. We get discounts at some RV parks, and we've joined a regional chapter that does a group campout every other month. We have roadside assistance with then, but haven't had to use it (hopefully never).

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

At one time we were with GS and had the roadside assistance. Found FMCA membership with roadside included a better value.

Also, I am not a fan of anyone hitting my credit cards several times a year "just to be sure" they can charge my renewal. See rant at linked thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...before-renewal
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Good Sam, got the first 3 years free when I made the mistake of buying a camper at camping world (but that is another story) just renewed it for 3 years because I got $50 of store coupons so the membership only cost me $25 for 3 years. I use the card to get the gas discount at Pilot/Flying J, use good Sam parks when I can, and use their trip planner to help route our trips and find campgrounds and attractions along the way. My complaint is the trip planner will not download a route to my Garmin, it has to be a Good Sam or Rand McNally GPS.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have GS have never used the roadside, only the camping, and the credit card. CC is high interest rate, at least for me, it was, payed it off. The camping discount at most of the places I tried to use it, it was one night only, could not use for longer stays. I you live close enough to one they do have some good sales on RV stuff some times. good luck, and safe RV'ing.

i
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a membership I was going to let expire, but have decided to keep it as we have received more discounts at campgrounds than any other a long with benefits and savings at Camping World. Although I am not a fan of CW, in some cases they are the only game in town when we have needed an item NOW. We also have roadside assistance, but luckily and knocking on wood have not used it. I guess my only real complaint with Good Sam is it has become a clearing house for goods and services, but I have lived with it.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the GS membership only. Primarily for fuel discounts ect. Roadside assistance through USAA at this time.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had GS for several years and used it 3 times no problem. 1) Towed out of sand when I got stuck on a rural Michigan seasonal road, 2) flat tire assistance on the camper while travelling, 3) dead battery on wife's car. Also, I've never had them hit the cc randomly, without notice just to see if it was still good. I'd drop them if that ever happened, even once. I will look at FMCA to compare costs/benefits.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had for years. I also have the Platinum Roadside Assist and Travel Assist. Good Sam is a PITA on the renewal thing, very unorganized and way to many renew now notices. They have hauled my 5th wheel a couple of times, provided roadside assistance in very remote areas, and generally have been responsive. They are slow, but they get the job done.

Why Travel Assist? DW cannot handle the 5th wheel by herself, so should I meet my demise unexpectedly she will have a means of getting the 5th wheel some place she can dispose of it without burdening the kids.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    I've had GS for several years and used it 3 times no problem. 1) Towed out of sand when I got stuck on a rural Michigan seasonal road, 2) flat tire assistance on the camper while travelling, 3) dead battery on wife's car. Also, I've never had them hit the cc randomly, without notice just to see if it was still good. I'd drop them if that ever happened, even once. I will look at FMCA to compare costs/benefits.
    Good Sam for roadside assistance is 80(normally 130). FMCA is 60 per year and offers discounts on tires plus 69 for roadside assistance. Good Sam offers decent discount on fuel and propane, which might be worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast