Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Momentum G21

Just bought my very first camper. I bought the Momentum G21! I am very excited to go on my first trip in June. Appreciate any tips you might have!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum BrendaLK. Also welcome to Randymac. The wife and I just completed our first leg of our trip towing our G21 from central Arkansas to Idaho. Do a search of 21Gin the search box and you can see all previous posts pertaining to the 21G problems and modifications from myself and other owners.
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing G21

Quote Originally Posted by Subvet0615 View Post
    Welcome to the forum BrendaLK. Also welcome to Randymac. The wife and I just completed our first leg of our trip towing our G21 from central Arkansas to Idaho. Do a search of 21Gin the search box and you can see all previous posts pertaining to the 21G problems and modifications from myself and other owners.

I have never towed anything this big before. I bought a good weight distribution and anti sway hitch. How does it tow for you? Any wisdom you can share?

THanks,
    Brenda

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaLK View Post
    I have never towed anything this big before. I bought a good weight distribution and anti sway hitch. How does it tow for you? Any wisdom you can share?

THanks,
    Brenda
    What type hitch do you have and what is your tow vehicle?
    I'm using an Equalizer 14000/1400 and a 3/4 ton truck. Tows good. I get some slight suck / push from passing 18w's and large motor homes but not bad. The dealer originally installed an E2 10000/1000 and I knew that was not adequate after towing the trailer empty 30 miles from the dealer to home. The specification sheet for the trailer says tongue weight was 1150 pounds when it left the factory. Heavy hitch weight goes down if carrying toys in back.
    Have completed 1700 miles of our 4600 mile trip so far.

Larry & Paula
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brenda

Welcome to the forum, congrats o the new G21.
    I moved your posts to your own thread.

Brian
    Last edited by Country Campers; 05-26-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing G21

Quote Originally Posted by Subvet0615 View Post
    What type hitch do you have and what is your tow vehicle?
    I'm using an Equalizer 14000/1400 and a 3/4 ton truck. Tows good. I get some slight suck / push from passing 18w's and large motor homes but not bad. The dealer originally installed an E2 10000/1000 and I knew that was not adequate after towing the trailer empty 30 miles from the dealer to home. The specification sheet for the trailer says tongue weight was 1150 pounds when it left the factory. Heavy hitch weight goes down if carrying toys in back.
    Have completed 1700 miles of our 4600 mile trip so far.

Larry & Paula

I have a 2015 GMC Yukon with Trailering Package. I added a promise iq braking system. TV is rated to 8400 lbs. I am not hauling anything except normal camping gear with this vehicle. I have a Blue Ox SwayPro 1000 system.

I did toe with it first time yesterday. It freaked me out when trucks would go by and it felt like they were pulling me over. I pulled over and had my husband take over. He said it felt fine except when trucks came by it had a little wag. I am not used to feeling the SUV respond to something behind me. Going to take it out today and practice some more.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suv's are not typically good for towing larger trailers such as this. There suspensions are soft for the ride quality, the tires are a lighter load rating as well. This will contribute to the "wag" when trucks pass you , wind will cause this as well. An upgrade to help may be heavier rated tires , like load range E. The Yukon has a pretty short wheel base to add to this as well.

Brian