User Tag List

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recycling Shower Water

I just saw that one 5er manufacture has introduced a recycling shower water. They claim that they can recapture up to 95% of shower water and run through filters and reused it in the shower only and it is safe. This would separate from a freshwater tank but just for the shower. This would be great for boondocks will no longer have to do navy showers. What do you think?
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    I just saw that one 5er manufacture has introduced a recycling shower water. They claim that they can recapture up to 95% of shower water and run through filters and reused it in the shower only and it is safe. This would separate from a freshwater tank but just for the shower. This would be great for boondocks will no longer have to do navy showers. What do you think?
    Ewww…… not for us but we don't boondock much. I would like to see shower water held in a tank to use for toilet flushing, saving on FW and grey tank capacity.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And wouldn't you have to have a separate water heater as well ? Either that or cold showers.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds interesting.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Ewww…… not for us but we don't boondock much. I would like to see shower water held in a tank to use for toilet flushing, saving on FW and grey tank capacity.
    I agree with this comment. Saving old shower water for another shower just doesn't sound like you'd get very clean the second (or third) time around. But using it for the toilet is a great idea. We already keep a small bucket in the shower to capture some of the water to use in the toilet when dry camping.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)