Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirugger View Post
    We bought the 17 F-250, and I really like it save 2 things.....
    1. The drivers seat is misery to me (I’ve heard others complain, but I’ve heard others say theirs is fine, so ya know, whatever. I’m 6’ 200lbs, so would’ve thought I’d be exactly average)
    2. We should have bought the 350....

Good luck with the trucks, I’ve owned Fords, Dodges, Chevys, and Toyota’s. I don’t dislike the others, but I do like the Fords. Cheers!
    Which trim package do you have? I have the Lariat and the seats are super comfortable for me (6'5" 350, so comfy seats don't come easy). They were a bit stiff at first, but at 13k miles now they're pretty plush. My back used to get sore after about 250 miles in my old 01 F250, but I've put 750+ miles in a day in the 350 and it felt great.
    2019 Reflection 150 260RD - 2018 Ford F350
    Rest of the fleet: 95 Grand Cherokee with a lot of stuff, 15 JKU Rubicon with less stuff, 98 5.9 Grand Cherokee with a little stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveZJ View Post
    Which trim package do you have? I have the Lariat and the seats are super comfortable for me (6'5" 350, so comfy seats don't come easy). They were a bit stiff at first, but at 13k miles now they're pretty plush. My back used to get sore after about 250 miles in my old 01 F250, but I've put 750+ miles in a day in the 350 and it felt great.
    Big Dave,

I’m very happy to hear that bit of info! I also have the Lariat package, and the seat is extremely firm! Hearing your experience gives me hope that I can bash this thing into shape! We are going on a really long trip soon, maybe that’ll do the trick!? Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jim

2017 F-250 6.7L Fx4 Lariat Long Bed Crew Cab “Daisy”
    using Blue Ox Swaypro 1500S towing
    2018 Imagine 2800BH “River”
    ReTrax MX Pro Tonneau
    70” Thule Rack System
    MORryde CRE 3000
    Champion 3400w Dual-Fuel Inverter Generator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s an easy one. Neither! They’re both FORDs
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to the OP's question regarding which model year for an F350. I would lean toward 2017 or newer.

Here are some excerpts from Edmunds site regarding the 2017 F350:

That's because the full-size F-350, along with the other two trucks that make up the Super Duty lineup (the F-250 and the F-450), has been thoroughly redesigned from the wheels up. Upgrades include a beefed-up frame, gutsier engines, more spacious cabins and a wide range of convenience and technology offerings, all intended to make the hard work these trucks are made for just a little bit easier.

The F-350's list of available technology includes several new features, including LED headlights and foglights, adaptive cruise control, and a seven-camera system that displays a handy 360-degree top-down view of the truck's surroundings. Towing-related technologies include a clever blind-spot monitoring system that covers the length of the trailer, a pair of rearview cameras that makes hooking up a fifth-wheel trailer as easy to connect a conventional one, integrated trailer tire-pressure monitoring and a trailer-mountable backup camera.

The 2017 Ford F-350 comes standard with a 6.2-liter gasoline V8 that produces 385 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque. Also available is a revised version of the 6.7-liter Power Stroke turbodiesel V8 that now puts out an impressive 440 hp and 925 lb-ft of torque.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Left The Driveway
    White Rock BC formally East caost guy from Halifax
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the great information. Ended up purchasing a 2016 Lariat with Platinum option F350. Bottom line it came down to price as 1 tons are very rare in Canada. Most being shipped to states Now a new question The truck came with a B&W gooseneck kit already installed. So a B&W companion is a drop in installation. However, with a 6'7" box do I need a slider or can I go fixed mount? Weight and is the biggest concern as I want to remove it when not towing.

Thanks
    John

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax Jack View Post
    Thanks for all the great information. Ended up purchasing a 2016 Lariat with Platinum option F350. Bottom line it came down to price as 1 tons are very rare in Canada. Most being shipped to states Now a new question The truck came with a B&W gooseneck kit already installed. So a B&W companion is a drop in installation. However, with a 6'7" box do I need a slider or can I go fixed mount? Weight and is the biggest concern as I want to remove it when not towing.

Thanks
    John
    John,
    As your question is entirely different from the original post, may I suggest closing this thread and starting a new one in the HITCH sub-group? With a self-evident title it may draw more attention to your request.

If you'd like me to move your post and start the thread for you, let me know. As a moderator I can do that.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12