Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad smell in kitchen and bathroom

I have a momentum 397. This is the second year I have had it. We just set it up in the camp ground in Florida. We are using city water not out water tank. When we walk in there is a bad smell. I have smelled the drains and the sinks and the toilet when it’s open and there is no smell coming out of any of them. What can I try next

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    I have a momentum 397. This is the second year I have had it. We just set it up in the camp ground in Florida. We are using city water not out water tank. When we walk in there is a bad smell. I have smelled the drains and the sinks and the toilet when it’s open and there is no smell coming out of any of them. What can I try next
    Have you checked all the cabinets (and fridge) for any left over food that may have been left there?

Also possible - a small varmint has gotten in the rig an died.

Have you tried to localize where the smell IS coming from, or what area of the rig?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Have you checked all the cabinets (and fridge) for any left over food that may have been left there?

Also possible - a small varmint has gotten in the rig an died.

Have you tried to localize where the smell IS coming from, or what area of the rig?
    The smell is when you come in the door. Kitchen and bathroom. No left over food. And no dead animal. Seems like a water/ sewage smell.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    Both kitchen and bathroom gray tanks are vented with a cheap vent valve that's supposed to allow air into the tank when needed, but not allow much air or smells to come out. Some people call them "cheater vents" because they semi-vent inside the unit and their installers can avoid the work of venting up and out through the roof.

Both vents probably live in the cabinets under their respective sinks - they do in our trailer - and are screwed onto the top of a standing piece of ABS. I found the bathroom one dead-easy to replace but for the kitchen one I'm going to have to get skinnier arms - it's in a tight place. The following is a good replacement for the low-quality part in your trailer.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/STUDOR-1...0341/202275238

It may also help to clean your gray tanks. Pick up a tank cleaner product at your local RV place, or alternatively put a cup or two of Dawn dish soap and a cup or two of Calgon or Borax water softener in the tank with a bunch of water. Then go for a good long drive in a way that gets the water sloshing around in the tanks before returning to camp and dumping. Regular repeats of this helps keep the smells at bay and may also help to keep your sensors working better. (Do a search online for GEO Method to learn more.)

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch