User Tag List

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GoPower's GP-IC-3000 Looks Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    GoPower makes an inverter that has 50 amp pass through on both legs. I know the Magnum inverter will not pass through 50 amps on both legs, only one. Unless something changed in the last few months.
    GoPower's GP-IC-3000 mated with the GP-ICR-50 remote looks very interesting! The inverter has what they call a "shared power mode" which looks like Victron's PowerAssist feature.

I've sent an email to GoPower because there isn't a specific reference in either manual to using Lithium batteries with this inverter. The remote does have a "custom" battery mode, but I'm not educated enough on all of the specs to understand if it will work or not. I'll share their response when I get it.

Thanks again!

GoPower Inverter/Charger 3000 manual: https://gpelectric.com/wp-content/up...s_RevF-web.pdf
    GoPower Remote Control manual: https://gpelectric.com/wp-content/up..._GP-ICR-50.pdf

Unfortunately it's just as expensive as the Victron. Oh well, guess ya gotta pay to play... https://invertersrus.com/product/gopower-gpic300012/
    Last edited by howson; 02-14-2019 at 03:06 PM.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the Battle Born batteries they come with their own BMS so you don't need to be concerned with the charger supporting LIFE. At least thats my understanding.
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    GoPower's GP-IC-3000 mated with the GP-ICR-50 remote looks very interesting! The inverter has what they call a "shared power mode" which looks like Victron's PowerAssist feature.

I've sent an email to GoPower because there isn't a specific reference in either manual to using Lithium batteries with this inverter. The remote does have a "custom" battery mode, but I'm not educated enough on all of the specs to understand if it will work or not. I'll share their response when I get it.

Thanks again!

GoPower Inverter/Charger 3000 manual: https://gpelectric.com/wp-content/up...s_RevF-web.pdf
    GoPower Remote Control manual: https://gpelectric.com/wp-content/up..._GP-ICR-50.pdf

Unfortunately it's just as expensive as the Victron. Oh well, guess ya gotta pay to play... https://invertersrus.com/product/gopower-gpic300012/
    I can't see where this is a hybrid inverter. Is that important to you?
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarnes4868 View Post
    If you use the Battle Born batteries they come with their own BMS so you don't need to be concerned with the charger supporting LIFE. At least thats my understanding.
    I admit to still being somewhat confused by what's needed and not needed. The Victron has this in their manual, Two programmable analog/digital input/output ports. These ports can be used for several purposes. One application is communication with the BMS of a lithium-ion battery. Does this mean that the BattleBorn BMS will set the Victron to the ideal charge settings? (Not specifically asking you, Jerry--it's just what's not clear to me.)

If I went with the GoPower and set it in Custom mode (with the right voltages for the LifePO4 batteries to charge), how does that work in concert with the BattleBorn's BMS?

Still much to learn. This stuff is way too expensive to learn about after-the-fact!

After-the-Fact Lesson Learned (1 May 19): There are specific settings provided by Battle Born that are entered into the Victron Multiplus. This ensures the two components work seamlessly together (and they do). Battle Born actually sells Victron components in addition to their batteries, so they are able to answer questions with authority.
    Last edited by howson; 05-01-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious about that also. The LIFE batteries can take a much larger charge than standard batteries. Move of these inverter/chargers do not put out 100amps of charge which would be nice if you had a bank of 4 LIFE's. So I'm not sure if the BMS allows a large amp charge and then simply reduces that charge amount as the battery gets to a certain charge level.
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GP-IC-3000 Inverter/Charger Dual In/Dual Out Schematic

This schematic from GoPower's manual is what's so attractive about the GP-IC-3000 Inverter/Charger option. (I added the Progressive Industries EMS I already have installed in my 315RLTS.)

Please chime in with your thoughts & comments!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GoPower DualIn DualOut.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	17687

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    I can't see where this is a hybrid inverter. Is that important to you?
    The GoPower has what it calls a "Power Sharing Mode". Apparently every manufacturer has their own terminology for the hybrid mode.

See page 43 in the manual for a full explanation with an example. (I can't upload the whole manual--it's too big. Attached is just page 43.)

Name:	Pages from 79497_MANUAL_GP-IC-Series_RevF-web page 43.pdf 
Views:	64 
Size:	374.3 KB 
ID:	17689

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbailey View Post
    Howson,
    I actually have (I think) the exact setup you are talking about. I have a Multiplus 12v/3000 with Progressive EMS and Victron Solar charger. My battery bank started at 412 amp hours but I have since added another 400 so i am sitting at about 775amp hours after a couple of years aging.

I can run my AC off battery alone, but I only get about an hour before the batteries his the 70% or so mark. Consumption at that high of a level really takes an effect on the batteries.

Otherwise I can run everything off batteries for a long weekend while partially shaded and with no generator usage.

Let me know what questions I can help answer. Here is a picture of my setup
    Attachment 17670
    Ben,
    Your 303 has 50A service, right? That's two 120V/50A hot lines. The Multiplus can connect one of the 120V inputs and provides one 120V output. (Right?)

What did you do with the second input line and the items in the RV powered off of line 2? (You may need to read some of the earlier posts since our last conversation to fully understand the question.)

-Howard

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    I know the Magnum I have can either do 30 amps with two hot legs or 50 amps with one. I added a new main panel and brought my shore power feed into that. Then I fed the inverter with a 30 amp 220 breaker in that, and put the output of the inverter into the old main panel. I then took the loads I would not run from the inverter (both AC feeds, HWH, and the fridge) and moved them to the new panel I added. This way the inverter feeds most of the things in my rig, but I am still under the 30 amps on two legs it can put out. Obviously in your case you could keep the fridge on the inverter panel.

Regarding the AC units the inverter and Battleborns will do it, but you will need a lot more batteries to get through the night. You will be using the generator for that, I am looking at the same propane Champion as you, I think it is a good fit.

As far as keeping up with the fridge while driving, you can either add the solar now, which your battery capacity combined with some solar while on the road should handle, or upgrade the charging capability of the truck. I am having the same debate but keep coming back to moving the solar up in my schedule rather than invest in upgrading the trucks wiring, since I will not need it when I do the solar eventually. I wish it was easier though, I feel like with dual 220amp alternators on the truck there is a ton of untapped power there that could be used.
    Now that I've done more studying of these inverters I understand your post better. I'd really appreciate your .02 on the GoPower I'm considering. (See earlier posts.)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    Howard, I'm on a tablet and can't search for it, now, but klenger posted great schematic drawings and photos of his system that I shamelessly copied. He used a separate ATS and avoided the subpanel hassle. You should take a look at what he did.
    John,
    I found Klenger's data on my drive. As I suspected, he powers one line (when on the inverter) and one line isn't powered. That's not a criticism by any means--I have high regard for everything Klenger did to his 297. What I'm attempting to convey (badly!) is if there's an option to not have to worry about sub-panels, or what is (and isn't) powered by the inverter, I'd prefer that option.

I added a highlight to show the specific area of Klenger's schematic I am referencing. If you're still around, @klenger, I'd sure appreciate your .02 on the GoPower.

Name:	Klengers Power Routing-2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	17690

-Howard

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast