Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Brian,

I agree on all points. Will be interested to learn LCI's next response to the control box not fixing the problem. Per post 17 . . . "RecPro" furniture https://www.recpro.com would be worth investigating if you decide to ditch the LCI stuff.

Rob
    Brian and Rob,

My control box failed again. My wife noticed the lights were off yesterday when she got up and it was making a knocking sound so she unplugged it. I haven't had a chance to look into the problem, but I suspect the reclining motor is the culprit (due to the knocking sound). That may be what caused the control box to fail initially.
    I got 3 days of use out of it without incident so maybe I'll get lucky and either find the problem and get it fixed/replaced aka the motor, or like you've all said replace the chair. I agree RecPro seems to be worth the investment and without my reclining functioning a replacement is in order.
    I'll keep you all posted as to what I'm able to determine.

Pete
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Brian,

I agree on all points. Will be interested to learn LCI's next response to the control box not fixing the problem. Per post 17 . . . "RecPro" furniture https://www.recpro.com would be worth investigating if you decide to ditch the LCI stuff.

Rob
    The only thing I don't like on the repro 58" is there is no cup holder. Could care less about the Heat, or Massage, the ok, but don't need them either.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Brian,

The question comes down to . . . is the heating pad/element replaceable without replacing the whole chair ?

Rob
    Hi All,
    The short answer is NO.
    The heating element is intrinsically woven into the padding of the chair making the chair's replacement the only option.
    Unbelievable as that sounds.
    Unless of course, you know a good, cheap upholstery shop. [emoji853][emoji853]

Ya think someone would've seen this coming and designed a more conducive repair option ???
    See short answer above....

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lippert contacted me this morning and said they would ship out a new recliner. I asked them to go ahead and do that if they think it would arrive by the end of the month otherwise I'd wait until we get home for them to ship it. I'm actually very impressed with the fast customer service I've received from Lippert. But, unless they've redesigned the recliner, I suspect the replacement will fail as well.
    Last edited by bertschb; 03-06-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am late to this feed but did contact LCI back in October to discuss that one of our Thomas Payne recliners the heat stopped working. Did not have the massage mode on these chairs. Warranty just ran out too. Told us they would replace them both. LCI sent the newer versions with heat and massage.We received them a month later. Will be installing chairs in next couple of weeks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7848.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	18131Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7846.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	18132
    2018 Reflection 367 BH
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD Laramie LB 4x4
    2014 Adventurer 910 DB Truck camper

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post

I'm actually very impressed with the fast customer service I've received from Lippert. But, unless they've redesigned the recliner, I suspect the replacement will fail as well.
    Hi Bert,

Ditto on the redesign.
    I think probably the heating element must be replaced .... maybe with something from Wal-Mart.
    My heating pad is 12 years old and still works fine !!!

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not trying to change the subject but after unmounting the older recliners today to install the new recliners with heat and massage that LCI sent us my DW had an idea of removing the Thomas Payne sofa and install the original recliners in that spot. We both think the sofa is uncomfortable to sit or lay on, and which the pullout bed no one likes that has tried to sleep on. I know some folks have made changes to sofa to level out the pull out bed but we think having four comfortable recliners would be nice too. Anyone here has done this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7273.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	18223
    2018 Reflection 367 BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update.
    I contacted LCI and asked them to reopen the ticket for my failed control box because the one I got worked for all of 3 days. The response I got from LCI (by email) was.
    "I would like to replace the chair, do we have a part# on the theater seating?

Thank you,"

Wasn't expecting that. I just emailed them the part # and I'm guessing I'll be getting a new seat. I checked the part number on the left and right seat and they are exactly the same so my guess is I'll be getting a complete new theater seat not just the right side that failed.
    The tag also said the production order due date was 12/23/16 which is about right seeing as how I ordered the Solitude and picked it up mid Jan 2017.
    Can't beat that for customer service.
    I'll keep you all posted as to what comes of this.

Update 12 March 8:13 PM:
    I just received an order confirmation from LCI for a FREE theater seat replacement. I'll let you know how long it takes for the shipping, how they arrive and hopefully how well they work once I get them installed. AWESOME customer service from LCI.

Pete
    Last edited by COLRetired; 03-12-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting reading. Our 2019 337 has these chairs too. The left chair had a light control failure the very night we took delivery and stayed at the dealer over night. Left chair still has heat and massage, right chair has all three but the lights are hinky. Dealer tech told us 'the entire assembly had to be replaced' to fix the issue. Really? Given the other minor issues we had at delivery (worst being a deformed baggage door frame) and the service department's crappy attitude we told them to forget it. The blue lights are too bright for our liking anyway. I haven't contacted GDRV over this, but I may go to LCI direct if things worsen. Good info!
    David and Vicki and 21 month old Springer Spaniel Sadie
    2019 Silverado LTZ 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed Duramax/Allison stock
    2023 Reflection 150 series 226RK
    B&W Companion 16K on rails EezTire TPMS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyray58 View Post
    I am late to this feed but did contact LCI back in October to discuss that one of our Thomas Payne recliners the heat stopped working. Did not have the massage mode on these chairs. Warranty just ran out too. Told us they would replace them both. LCI sent the newer versions with heat and massage.We received them a month later. Will be installing chairs in next couple of weeks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7848.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	18131Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7846.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	18132

Finally installed new Thomas Payne recliners. Install was easy. Hard part was getting older ones out and lifting up new recliners into FW. Even though we supplied LCI with Vin number. New recliners are slightly different color and stitching than the matching 2018 Thomas Payne couch? Not to bad though. New recliners work with heat and massage. Will see how long heat and massage last.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7882.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	18455Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7883.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	18456
    2018 Reflection 367 BH

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast