User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was such a messed up post that I deleted the text instead of trying to fix it. Sorry...better(?) post coming...
    Last edited by howson; 02-21-2019 at 05:07 PM.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LCI is shipping me a new control box as well. I'll let you guys know if that fixes the problem once it arrives. The control on my recliner is located on the inside of the arm rest:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1033.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	17792
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    It would be interesting if someone could measure the resistance of a seat heater producing full heat.
    My cheap little ohmmeter measured ~150ohms. That's a higher resistance than what you measured (25 ohms). That means my seat's heater pulls even less amperage than yours, thus it heats up even slower. This makes sense as the seat took quite a bit of time to actually measure (using an infrared meter) and feel the difference.

Name:	DSCN0175 (Small).JPG 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	17843

Other notes--I didn't realize there was a light at the bottom!

Name:	DSCN0172 (Small).JPG 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	17844

My chair was supposed(?) to be secured by screws . There were two of them, and neither of them penetrated the floor. There was nothing holding the back down. Not worried about it--if the recliner moves during transit I'll have greater problems than the fact that it moved.

Name:	DSCN0173 (Small).JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	17845

There are two distinctive massage motors in the chair. The green wired connector is the upper (back) motor and the gray wired connector is the bottom (seat) massager motor.

Name:	DSCN0174 (Small).JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	17846
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received the control box from LCI at no charge, installed it and the recliner is now functioning properly.
    Kudos to LCI for backing their product.

Hope those of you that called them and they sent you repair parts end up with the same result as I had = all functioning properly.

Pete
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COLRetired View Post
    ...Hope those of you that called them and they sent you repair parts end up with the same result as I had = all functioning properly.
    Thanks for the update Pete! LCI shipped me a new control box and I should have it next week. Hope it fixes our seat heater too!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These heat/massage/lighting/recline systems are failing all over the place. We need an “aftermarket” solution because what is supplied by Thomas Payne (aka LCI) is not up to the task. For us, we would like to get the heat working again . . . don’t care much for the thumper “massage” and the blue light features.

Rob
    Ours has the Light, Massage, and the butt heate. But the foot rest is manual. (I worry about the cable breaking). It is a Thomas Payne also, so they do make them, you just have fancier one.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received and installed the new control box for my recliner last night and the heating element still isn't working
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I received and installed the new control box for my recliner last night and the heating element still isn't working
    Hi Brian,

The one of our seats with absolutely no heat measures “infinite resistance” (open circuit) across the wires to the heating element. There is 12V at the other half of the connector coming from the control box. It seems obvious to me that the problem is the heating element.

BTW . . . I emailed this information to LCI but got no reply.

The question comes down to . . . is the heating pad/element replaceable without replacing the whole chair ?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...The question comes down to . . . is the heating pad/element replaceable without replacing the whole chair?...
    Hi Rob

That's a good question. I let LCI know the new control box didn't fix the problem. If I get a reply, I'll post it here.

I actually really liked the heated seat earlier this winter when it was unseasonably cold here but now that temps are back to normal, it's not a big deal. To be honest, when I heard these chairs were heated, had massage and were power reclining, I figured all three of those features would probably fail at some point. I can live without the heat and massage but if the power reclining feature stops working, I'll probably replace the seats. At this price point, I don't expect very good reliability.
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Hi Rob

That's a good question. I let LCI know the new control box didn't fix the problem. If I get a reply, I'll post it here.

I actually really liked the heated seat earlier this winter when it was unseasonably cold here but now that temps are back to normal, it's not a big deal. To be honest, when I heard these chairs were heated, had massage and were power reclining, I figured all three of those features would probably fail at some point. I can live without the heat and massage but if the power reclining feature stops working, I'll probably replace the seats. At this price point, I don't expect very good reliability.
    Hi Brian,

I agree on all points. Will be interested to learn LCI's next response to the control box not fixing the problem. Per post 17 . . . "RecPro" furniture https://www.recpro.com would be worth investigating if you decide to ditch the LCI stuff.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast