User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theater seating ... 1 of 2 seats stopped working

Ok, I've got the theater seating with the fixed center console. Controller on the cup holder has Lock/unlock, light, open, close, massage and heat buttons. Just noticed that one side (mine of course) is dead = not lighting up at all = nothing works.

Here's what I've done

1. Plugged in - Check
    2. Power supply green light lit up = it's working - Check
    3. Traced power cable from power supply to side mounted motor (??) = mounted on the inside of the outside arm rest. Can't really tell what it is but that's where the power cord runs to.
    4. Checked the wire couplers, found 3, unplugged and reconnected them. All were securely plugged in when I traced them down.
    5. Tried removing the cup holder that has the controls on it, no joy. Was hoping maybe a wire came lose under neath it. Will try again if anyone knows the trick to removing it.

The recliner is in the fully upright position so getting to the two screws that hold the front down (I had to replace them when my dog jumped off the recliner when it was fully extended and pulled them out) will be very difficult at best.

I'm hoping I don't have to go down that route and that someone will tell me there is a fuse at x location and that each chair is fused separately because my wife's chair works just fine.

This is the first issue I've had with the theater seating, but it's a big one so hoping you all can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Pete
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried dealing the Thomas Payne--the manufacturer of those recliners.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet, but that's always an option.

Thanks

Pete
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any chance that you can switch the wiring from your wife's side to your side to see if it's a motor problem or a power supply problem?

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Power supply yes, motor not as easily done.
    Good suggestion, I'll try that ans see if that makes a difference. The green light is on, on the power supply but ...

Pete
    Pete & Carla Nelson

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Any chance that you can switch the wiring from your wife's side to your side to see if it's a motor problem or a power supply problem?

Jim
    That is a good start....if not check for continuity...mine was broken for the heat. Hopefully yours is just the control box mounted under the back part of seat.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These heat/massage/lighting/recline systems are failing all over the place. We need an “aftermarket” solution because what is supplied by Thomas Payne (aka LCI) is not up to the task. For us, we would like to get the heat working again . . . don’t care much for the thumper “massage” and the blue light features.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    These heat/massage/lighting/recline systems are failing all over the place. We need an “aftermarket” solution because what is supplied by Thomas Payne (aka LCI) is not up to the task. For us, we would like to get the heat working again . . . don’t care much for the thumper “massage” and the blue light features.

Rob
    Count me among the afflicted !!!

Heat stopped working on one recliner.
    Was told to switch out cup holders or check control box underneath for short or wiring issue.
    If neither is problem, heat wiring has shorted out in chair itself.
    Dunno how that could be fixed w/o a major
    R & R ??
    Wife and I flip a coin to see who gets the
    " hot seat" that night....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count us on the “no heat” side also! Worked for bout a year and then just stopped.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here.....the window side (my side) has no heat. Used it a few times last winter. Never really became aware of it not working until I got ready to use the heat this winter. I don't really use the massage or light but both of those work fine (probably because they don't get used).
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast