Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 Reflection 29RS battery charger

Hi All,
    Does anybody know where I can find information on what type of charge controller is used in a 2017 Reflection 29RS? I ask because I would like (one day) to use Lithium ION batteries. I know some charges "Say" they can do wet cell AND Lithium, but those usually tend NOT to charge Lithium to 100%.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkgolfer View Post
    Hi All,
    Does anybody know where I can find information on what type of charge controller is used in a 2017 Reflection 29RS? I ask because I would like (one day) to use Lithium ION batteries. I know some charges "Say" they can do wet cell AND Lithium, but those usually tend NOT to charge Lithium to 100%.

Thanks!
    https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup

Fill in the option drop down boxes and look under "Electrical". You'll find 430021 : CONVERTER CHARGER DECKMOUNT 55 AMP DC OUTPUT 15 AMP A/C CORD

I *think* it's this one: https://www.amazon.com/WFCO-WF-9855-.../dp/B004A30UHG
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, does anyone know what type of electric converter is in 2019 303rls? Trying to find out if it is a smart charger.
    Thanks!
    JP

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JP
    Welcome to the forum.
    The battery charger in the 303 is actually a WEFCO convert/charger 55 amp I believe , nothing smart about it just a generally used system.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    JP
    Welcome to the forum.
    The battery charger in the 303 is actually a WEFCO convert/charger 55 amp I believe , nothing smart about it just a generally used system.

Brian
    Thanks Brian, I guess I should've asked is this typically a 3 stage charger?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The WFCO chargers used by Grand Design are three stage chargers that you can leave hooked up continuously without damage to the battery. However, if using a flooded lead acid battery, you should check the water levels on a routine basis.

These chargers will work with a LiFePo battery and keep it charged. However, they are not the best solution for these types of batteries. I changed to a Progressive Dynamics PD9160ALV charger that is specifically designed to charge at a higher voltage needed for LiFePo batteries. The higher voltage will greatly reduce charging times for these batts.

Jim