User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I assume an average driving speed of 55mph. That seems to work more or less to take potty/meal breaks, etc. into account. My actual driving speed is 65-70. So by that estimate, you've got ~36 hrs on the road. We took 7 days when we did it from Minneapolis, but we kept it lighter, to see things like the Badlands, Devils Tower, overnight near Yellowstone (been there a lot before), etc. Given your stops noted, I'd plan for the same. You might be able to trim it to 6, but not much more...
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume your heading south on your way here to CA, so you end up in the LA area. I tend to log lots of miles when I have destination to get to. We made it home to N. Calif. from Zion Nat'l Park in one day last October. That kind of mileage isn't for everyone. Just know the closer you get to LA, the slower the travel is, so you need to add travel time. Same goes when your leaving the area. Try to avoid commute times and arrive/leave the LA area on a Sunday if it works for you. You can do the Grand Canyon to LA in a day, but it's a long haul.
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeTrekker View Post
    I assume your heading south on your way here to CA, so you end up in the LA area. I tend to log lots of miles when I have destination to get to. We made it home to N. Calif. from Zion Nat'l Park in one day last October. That kind of mileage isn't for everyone. Just know the closer you get to LA, the slower the travel is, so you need to add travel time. Same goes when your leaving the area. Try to avoid commute times and arrive/leave the LA area on a Sunday if it works for you. You can do the Grand Canyon to LA in a day, but it's a long haul.
    I was thinking of taking Highway 40, which would put us North of LA. Spend few days in that area and head up north to the national parks. I think I will need 4 days just to get to CA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12