User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howard & Minytrker: I wasn't very clear gentlemen, what I was told was as you, Howard, stated. But the Tech. also told me as a rule of thumb; "whatever the tongue scale says and what your max tongue limit on you pulling vehicles says, is how you should proceed to hookup. However, I am not anywhere close to being an expert on any of this. I agree with Howard, but the 312 fully loaded to include the tongue weight is approaching my max tongue weight, albeit a 100 - 150 lbs, so I need to be extra vigilant on loading my TT anyway. I'm sure opinions vary on this, but again, I am overly cautious. In my opinion, a dually would pull the 312 with a whole lot less stress on me and my 2012 F250. I am installing Load Lifter 5000 bags soon. They are in the garage put together, just need to find the time.

Thank you Howson (Howard), I appreciate your input!
    Kevin, Angela, Nicole, Andria, Aleigha & Zoey
    G-kids Tyler & Raynah
    2019 312BHTS Reflection TT
    2012 F-250 King Ranch, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
    14k Equal-I-zer Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using a 2500 4x4 suburban for towing so Im very close to max towing capacity if not over. I always towed with a 4 door diesel dually but after getting out racing and having it just sit there I sold it and went to a 2500 that I drive everyday. 4 months later wife buys a travel trailer, lol. I never used a sway control or equalizer hitch until buying a trailer trailer. I am assuming when I hook up the bars and it transfers weight off the rear axle back to the front it reducing my tounge weight BUT its als putting a different stress on the hitch. When were racing several people cracked there hitches using equalizer hitches towing with 1500 and 2500. They all cracked from the lifter stress not the downward stress. That's a concern of mine. My father in law swears by hensley hitches and everytime I see him asks if I bought one yet lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim Hensley Hitch...

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    I am using a 2500 4x4 suburban for towing so Im very close to max towing capacity if not over. I always towed with a 4 door diesel dually but after getting out racing and having it just sit there I sold it and went to a 2500 that I drive everyday. 4 months later wife buys a travel trailer, lol. I never used a sway control or equalizer hitch until buying a trailer trailer. I am assuming when I hook up the bars and it transfers weight off the rear axle back to the front it reducing my tounge weight BUT its als putting a different stress on the hitch. When were racing several people cracked there hitches using equalizer hitches towing with 1500 and 2500. They all cracked from the lifter stress not the downward stress. That's a concern of mine. My father in law swears by hensley hitches and everytime I see him asks if I bought one yet lol.
    I've heard the same about Hensley hitches being the best. Their design looks really good and their reputation is solid. I just couldn't afford to buy one after buying the GD 312BHTS as they are pricey. General RV gave me a really good price on the Equalizer Hitch system that I had installed when I bought the TT and, it works very well. I just can't get over the difference in towing a 5th wheel over a travel trailer. I loved driving a 5th wheel, but not so with the TT (comparatively speaking). We love our new Travel Trailer but again, a dually would surely pull it much more securely than the F250 does (at least in my mind - LOL). My next truck will be a 3500 or F350 but not sure which big "3" manufacturer will win my business, but I will change out trucks within the next couple years.
    Kevin, Angela, Nicole, Andria, Aleigha & Zoey
    G-kids Tyler & Raynah
    2019 312BHTS Reflection TT
    2012 F-250 King Ranch, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
    14k Equal-I-zer Hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12