User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed a brand new B&W Companion (25K) hitch on my Ford F350 Dually today. I'm picking up a new Momentum 394M a week from tomorrow. This is my first ever 5ver and obviously my first ever 5ver hitch. Install went pretty smooth and I love having the Ford puck system in the truck. I'm not sure I installed it to the correct height....mid position or the correct location (king pin will be 1" in front of the axle, but I had to put it somewhere and I'm hoping that if any of that needs to be moved, the techs at the dealership are going to jump in and help or do the adjustment once we hitch up and see what we've got. I really didn't know, like I said this is the first one I've ever owned.....5ver. I'm impressed with the sturdiness of the B&W and the finish on the paint/powder coat.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    I do like my Andersen Ultimate hitch for it's light weight. But I've recently learned that if you have a B&W Turnover ball you can get an offset ball that buys you a similar offset as the Andersen hitch. I wonder how that would work with the Reese Goose Box in a short or 6.5' bed.
    Yes, the 4” extender works well with a GooseBox.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I just installed a brand new B&W Companion (25K) hitch on my Ford F350 Dually today. I'm picking up a new Momentum 394M a week from tomorrow. This is my first ever 5ver and obviously my first ever 5ver hitch. Install went pretty smooth and I love having the Ford puck system in the truck. I'm not sure I installed it to the correct height....mid position or the correct location (king pin will be 1" in front of the axle, but I had to put it somewhere and I'm hoping that if any of that needs to be moved, the techs at the dealership are going to jump in and help or do the adjustment once we hitch up and see what we've got. I really didn't know, like I said this is the first one I've ever owned.....5ver. I'm impressed with the sturdiness of the B&W and the finish on the paint/powder coat.
    Congratulations. Those settings are a good place to start. That’s how mine is set currently. You’ll love how easy it is to hitch/unhitch with the B&W. It is an awesome hitch. Enjoy!
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    Congratulations. Those settings are a good place to start. That’s how mine is set currently. You’ll love how easy it is to hitch/unhitch with the B&W. It is an awesome hitch. Enjoy!
    Thank you, that helps ease my worry a bit. I did talk to the dealer today (Southaven RV in Southaven, MS) and they will set my hitch up after we see what we've got with the new trailer and my truck. It's kind of a nerve wracking experience for me.....first ever 5ver, you know? I was out front of the house today and I'm not sure that I can make the left turn from the road into the downhill gravel road that I live on. I've got an alternate plan though for when I bring it home.....a left turn into my front yard and across it to the gravel road. Not ideal, but at least it will be home.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a lot of people like the B&W hitch but they weight a lot. I have been looking at the Demco Recon. I like the extra locking bar and its not as heavy. Still made in the USA. I would like to hear any opinions on it good or bad.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an interesting hitch. Half the weight of the B&W hitch (100 lbs vs 213).

I'd be interested in opinions too!

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    That's an interesting hitch. Half the weight of the B&W hitch (100 lbs vs 213).

I'd be interested in opinions too!

Mike
    The B&W is definitely heavy, but the fact that it's a two piece hitch helps a lot. Shipping weight on mine was 86 lbs for one box, and 70 lbs for the other box.....total was 156 lbs for the base and the hitch head. It's manageable when the hitch is separated, but not something I want to lift out and put back in everyday for sure.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting.. Not sure what site I looked at the it said the B&W was 213 lbs. Maybe it's the slider that's heavier.

I do like the B&W.. alot, but that Demco is interesting. And alot cheaper too.

Having said that, the price of the hitch should not be an overriding issue. Especially when spending 50-60K or more for a RV.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Fireside Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest you at least look into the Andersen Ultimate. I have one and love it. Prior to the Andersen Ultimate, I had a Pullrite slider. The Andersen is much lighter, and really easy for one person to remove it from the truck bed. With the Pullrite, I basically lost the use of the bed of my truck because the hitch was so difficult to remove. I can remove the Andersen by myself in about 10 minutes. My truck is a ‘16 GMC Delanli short bed with an added gooseball. My trailer is a ‘17 Solitude 310GK.
    2017 Solitude 310GK; 2016 GMC Denali 1 ton; Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I noticed a common element. Folks are looking at total hitch weight and commenting they don't or cant move that weight. I know that Both B&W and my Reese R20 titan ( at 160 lbs) can easily be broken down to pieces not over 60lbs or so. This makes removal a snap. I sometimes don't even unlock the hitch from the bed and just pull the rail pins. This stores the hitch with the trailer. I then use an old tarp to cover. I have it locked so someone cant release it accidentally.

Also etrailer has some good information for folks looking. https://www.etrailer.com/answers.asp...=Fifth%20Wheel
    Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast