User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Interesting.. Not sure what site I looked at the it said the B&W was 213 lbs. Maybe it's the slider that's heavier.

I do like the B&W.. alot, but that Demco is interesting. And alot cheaper too.

Having said that, the price of the hitch should not be an overriding issue. Especially when spending 50-60K or more for a RV.

Mike
    That would be my guess also.......the slider weighing in at that weight. There's a lot more "stuff" with it. I'm just happy that I've got an 8' bed and didn't have to worry or buy a slider to make it work.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I noticed a common element. Folks are looking at total hitch weight and commenting they don't or cant move that weight. I know that Both B&W and my Reese R20 titan ( at 160 lbs) can easily be broken down to pieces not over 60lbs or so. This makes removal a snap. I sometimes don't even unlock the hitch from the bed and just pull the rail pins. This stores the hitch with the trailer. I then use an old tarp to cover. I have it locked so someone cant release it accidentally.

Also etrailer has some good information for folks looking. https://www.etrailer.com/answers.asp...=Fifth%20Wheel
    Hope this helps
    That's basically what I replied above....two pieces that come apart in about 5 seconds....one piece weighing 86 lbs and the other weighing 70 lbs.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Andersen will not work for me. You can not double tow off a ball hitch in my state.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a similar truck but the long bed. I got that because I have an aux tank and there wasn't room in the short bed to put an aux tank with the puck system. That said I also and glad I have the LB since it lessens the chance of having a truck to front cap contact in maneuvering or backing. I use the B&W companion with puck mount.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for bring back an old thread, but after buying a 340 RDS and having a Ram Short bed 3500, this thread of perfect for my hitch decision.

I’ve been back op and forth front he Reese Goosebox and B&W companion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234