0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Good Sam Trip Planner--Shutting Down 10 April

https://www.goodsam.com/trip-planner/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trip Planner.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	17666

FYI for those that may have data on that site...
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see that a better, improved planner may be coming at some “future” time.

Hmmm....

Why wouldn’t GS launch the new planner at the same time they take down the old version. Color me skeptical, but today’s GS is certainly not what it once was.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the head's up Howard. I actually use their Trip Planning tool quite a bit. I hope they do actually replace it with an improved version.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also would use GS trip planner, google maps, etc., along with CoPilot for RVs, but did not like that we were unable to download the GS trip planner into CoPilot. I found this website, myscenicdrives.com, but they don't have a mobile app. They have multiple options for planning trips, and have multiple options for downloading the route file and then uploading in a variety of ways. It's not maybe as robust as the GS planner, with very limited data for campgrounds, etc. But I have found them useful when combined with other search options like phone apps, computer searches, etc. It's worked for us.

I'm hoping the new and improved version of the GS trip planner will at least have the option of downloading/uploading trip plans for use in other sources.
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably the same folks who decided to stop using the Space Shuttle before having a replacement are the same ones planning to 'replace' the GoodSam trip planner. Maybe GoodSam will have use a (not so friendly) foreign app in the meantime.

Anyway..... I use myscenicdrives.com almost exclusively. It's free and is very versatile for planning and making notes. I don't use it for directions. Mostly I use it to plan stops and things to do. You can download the drives to many places using KML and GPX. Like Lynette & Steve said, it isn't too robust in finding campgrounds, but it isn't really a campground centric app, it's mostly a planning app I suppose. You can always go to RVParky and find campgrounds as well as RVParkReviews.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've started to use RVTripWizard for real as of late (previously it was just for experimenting). They've linked to RVParkReviews, so all of those campgrounds show up on their map, with a few of the reviews as a sample. Of course, links to the full RVParkReview site for that CG, as well as links to the campground itself.
    Previously their "drag route" function (that let you change the route from the auto-generated one) was pretty buggy, but now is much better.
    It's not yet "Streets and Trips" (which I also still use), but getting there.
    I haven't yet tried to see what hoops I have to go through to download it to my Garmin...that will be the next adventure.
    I miss the "Attractions" feature of S&T, as that was handy for further research into things to do once I found a campground.
    They seem to be using some version of Google Maps, but not all the features. Wish they had the ability to show bike friendly trails/roads in an area....

BTW - also add "Allstays" to your arsenal. It has more campgrounds than RVParkReviews, and will auto google for multiple review sites for a CG - like RVPR, TripAdvisor, etc.

Having been "abused" a little as a Camping World customer, I avoid all things Good Sam. The only money Marcus gets from me is the subscription to "Trailer Life", and the admission to the local RV show.
    Last edited by sande005; 02-14-2019 at 08:24 AM.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I switched to RVParky. I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sucks, I used it because I could automatically download to my Rand McNally RV GPS
    Tim Rutledge
    Phoenix, AZ
    2107 Reflection 318rst
    2106 Chevy 2500HD Z72 4x4 Duramax
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you did not know Good Sam trip planner is available now.
    It is different then before.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R