User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per Minder Research's suggestion I tightened them down quite tightly. If/when they loosen up, I'll be adding a tiny drop of red locktite to them if needed.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone interested in an extremely accurate tire gauge should take a look at the brand...Longacre. I have used one of their digital gauges for the past 5 years or so, and I have a 0-60 psi gauge (I bought it primarily for my racing motorcycle where even a 1/2 psi is critical). They are guaranteed to be accurate to 1/2 of 1%. That equates to this. Example: 30 psi.... and then 1/2 of 1% of that number is. .15 psi. After buying mine I took it to a testing facility and had them check it for the accuracy that Longacre claims. The test equipment had the ability to increase or decrease air pressure in 1/000 psi increments. Needless to say it was a High dollar piece of test equipment that is calibrated and certified annually. I had them start at 20 psi on their machine and take a gauge reading. I had them increase in two psi increments all the way to 60 psi, the gauge limit. I couldn't hardly believe it myself, but the Longacre gauge was within the 1/2 of 1% at every 2 psi increment except one....and it was just barely out, at that point. The Longacre gauges aren't cheap, but neither are tires in general. The rear tires I used on the race bike were $200 each and even being off by 1-2 psi would cause the tire to wear out much faster than "normal".......with normal being between 550-600 miles. per tire

I realize that probably no one on this forum needs a gauge that is that accurate, but if you're looking for a really accurate gauge, check them out.
    Last edited by xrated; 02-19-2019 at 04:47 AM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    Per Minder Research's suggestion I tightened them down quite tightly. If/when they loosen up, I'll be adding a tiny drop of red locktite to them if needed.
    I would suggest blue not red. Red will require heat to break loose if you need to remove them. I have metal extenders on the motorhome and one was loose a few years ago with the corresponding leak. I snugged it up, checked them all and no leak or loosening since then.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only air chuck I've been able to consistently use to air up my inside dual is the one that came with my VIAIR compressor. I don't know how accurate the gauge is but a lot off roaders recommend this compressor. Seems to be accurate with the trucks TPMS system.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1418.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    I would suggest blue not red. Red will require heat to break loose if you need to remove them. I have metal extenders on the motorhome and one was loose a few years ago with the corresponding leak. I snugged it up, checked them all and no leak or loosening since then.
    Very good point. Thanks.
    2020 Riverstone 39FK

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    The only air chuck I've been able to consistently use to air up my inside dual is the one that came with my VIAIR compressor. I don't know how accurate the gauge is but a lot off roaders recommend this compressor. Seems to be accurate with the trucks TPMS system.
    I think that's the most important point. The key is that the readings are consistent. Whether they're all 65 lbs PSI or 68 lbs PSI isn't important; what's important is that you know where they start from, and much they gain/lose while you're driving down the road. My handheld gauge is exactly the same as my TPMS sensors, while my compressor gauge reads about 4 lbs high. I use the compressor to get them to where the handheld says they should be, then make sure the handheld and TPMS are the same.
    2020 Riverstone 39FK

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    The only air chuck I've been able to consistently use to air up my inside dual is the one that came with my VIAIR compressor.
    I agree. That slight bend at the end of the chuck fits just right. With the zillion duallies on the road you'd think there'd be more options.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12