User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire Pressure Gauges

I've got a few including a pricey liquid filled one. On tire engineer Roger Marble's blog he recommends the digital Accutire gauge from Amazon. I bought one a year ago and found it to be very accurate (comparing with my fancy expensive gauges) and easy to use. Last week I ordered 3 more, a single gold/black one like I already have and a two pack of red ones that are priced lower plus include 8 valve stem caps. I unpacked them today and tested the three new ones and the one year old one on one of my truck tires. They were all the same, right on the money. The red ones are identical to the original gold ones except for the color. So you don't have to spend a lot to get a very accurate gauge, I will have one in each of my vehicles now.
    I have no connection with the manufacturer, just sharing a good, and important product.

As a side note I have found the pencil type gauges to be horribly inaccurate and will never use one. I bough a car out of town recently and didn't have a gauge with me, used the stem gauge built into the air pump at the gas station, filled all 4 to 32 PSI and drove 100 miles home. Next day I checked them and they were all at 42-44 lbs.

Lesson: always have your own, known good gauge. Handle it and store it carefully and don't drop it. https://www.amazon.com/Accutire-MS-4...words=accutire
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails accu tire.jpg  

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a decent one some years ago on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	91upD1UDNeL._SX466_.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	17681

No longer available, but extremely accurate. Invaluable for checking your TPMS against it.
    Last edited by jim1521; 02-13-2019 at 09:22 PM.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
    ...tire engineer Roger Marble...recommends the digital Accutire gauge from Amazon.
    I bought one long before I had my truck or RV--use it on my Goldwing's tires. Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to get the gauge on my dually's tire valves.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I bought one long before I had my truck or RV--use it on my Goldwing's tires. Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to get the gauge on my dually's tire valves.
    Have you tried both the straight and off-set heads?
    https://www.amazon.com/Milton-S-690-...pressure+gauge

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SQTAA...5-f7b1fe51f851
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Are you saying these can screw onto the tire gauge? I've never even looked to see if it will accept an adapter...will have to look at it when I get home from work.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have found them to be very accurate and highly recommended years ago. I have also found most modern ones, even the pencil kinds are pretty darn accurate which I am using now for my DRW truck, as it has the double chuck and easily connects with the inner wheel. I have been thinking of getting a Accutire gauge like yours to check the accuracy of my current gauge and use it only to verify the tire gauge accuracy.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a motorcyclist, tire gauges are near and dear to my heart. One consideration in my mind is the most accurate pressure range. For instance can a gauge rated to 100 pounds (such as would be used on my trailer tires) be as accurate as a gauge that is only rated to 50 pounds (I run 32 front/40 rear on my Harley bagger). I did find a pretty accurate gauge that is part of the air chuck and it "latches" on to the valve stem, which is pretty useful during long air ups (or pressure decreases) which would be useful when prepping my tow vehicle for max pressure or dropping it back down to normal use.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you saying these can screw onto the tire gauge? I've never even looked to see if it will accept an adapter...will have to look at it when I get home from work.
    I was showing those heads as an example of the different types of chucks that are available.

That said, some model gauges do allow for the chucks to be changed: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howard, I used these to access my dually inner valve stems:

Name:	mi96bH3-7NWiUetHWZFCRmg.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	17686

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 45º work great. They are about 2" long. I pulled the outer tires, and rotated them until the valve stems were not aligned with the same hole. This gave me more rom to get my hand inside. Install the 45º ones, then I also installed the 135º ones on the outside wheels. I can now get to my inside and outside valve stems with no problems. I also mounted a set of TireMinder TPMS sensors on all of them. It works out great.
    Last edited by jim1521; 02-14-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    Howard, I used these to access my dually inner valve stems:

Name:	mi96bH3-7NWiUetHWZFCRmg.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	17686

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 45º work great. They are about 2" long. I pulled the outer tires, and rotated them until the valve stems were not aligned with the same hole. This gave me more rom to get my hand inside. Install the 45º ones, then I also installed the 135º ones on the outside wheels. I can now get to my inside and outside valve stems with no problems. I also mounted a set of TireMinder TPMS sensors on all of them. It works out great.
    How'd you get them to not loosen? The centrifugal force (I think) of the spinning wheel loosens mine which leads to leaks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast