User Tag List

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

installed A Combo Washer/Dryer.

Many thanks to huntr70 for letting me know his shop was able to install a washer & dryer into 310GK's by removing the back W/D closet wall to vent the dryer. Thanks to that post and another PM to me about the space behind the wall I had the encouragement needed to tackle a W/D install.

The DW and I chose a Splendide combo W/D. We had a stacked arrangement in our previous RV but thought we'd be OK with the combo this time. We only "full time" 3 to 6 months a year but we thought we'd still be OK.

I raised the water supply valves to a spot above where they were originally installed for easy access. And I did have to remove the back closet wall to positioned the dryer vent and then cut it to fit again with the venting installation.

Here is the closet with the rear wall removed. Notice the free hanging insulation; it wasn't really doing anything so I fastened the reflective foil to the front cap and pushed the insulation against the wall too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8070.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	17677

Here is the closet with the insulation fixed, the water supply raised higher and the drain pipe left exposed for the washer drain connection. I cut the back wall to allow the dryer venting. When I raised the water supply I removed the flex hose GD used and installed PEX all the way up to the valves.

Name:	IMG_8098.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	17678

Here is the finished product.

Name:	IMG_8100.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	17680

One more thanks to the folks who encouraged me and said this could be done.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks great!

Glad it all worked out for you.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great. We like ours, but wish the valves and dryer vent were installed higher such as you were smart enough to do.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know how much the combo unit weighs? Are you happy with how it performs?
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It weighs 147 lbs. Haven't tried it yet with a load of cloths but it did OK on the test run (empty) - no leaks. Hurray!!

We had a separate washer dryer in our previous rig. It wasn't the fastest thing in the world, but it they got the job done. We're pretty sure this will work out OK for us.
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you remember your measurements? I’m going to install my vent tomorrow. Do you have any outside pictures of the vent as well? I just took my back wall down and my insulation is the same as yours was. Thanks for any help!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try to get a photo of the vent location on the outside of the rig tomorrow.

The center of the vent on the rear is 22.5" from the floor, so I planned the top of the outside vent to be around 22" from the floor so I'd have a slight downward slant to the vent hose. I almost went too low. There was a horizontal aluminum support in the wall and I just cleared the top of it for the 4" vent hole. Actually I had to reposition and drill about 1/2" higher than planned.

I cut a horizontal slit in the interior wall luan to check for vertical studs but never considered any horizontal supports. So I'd recommend probing all around the hole for aluminum studs and supports before making the vent hole.
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished my install. I’m glad I moved the the hose prep as my drain wasn’t even attached to waterless vent. I would of had a huge mess. Thanks for our reply!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clgronau, I'm glad it worked out for you.
    Larry KE4DMG

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Boy! Thank you for this post! It looks like I will be taking out our old combo (which works really well, just small loads, we hit the laundry mat for loads of towels or bigger things) that the dealer said he would not give us any extra for the W/D combo.
    Thank you for the pics!