Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You sir

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may want to contact GD customer tech service on that one. I was going to install them on my new 337 and the dealer gave me a few different options. Couldnt decide so I called GD tech guys. They said it could be done but they did not recommend any particular brand...and they said they recommended not to do it. They said basically that the models with slides that come with the toppers are designed for toppers and the models without toppers were not necessarily designed for them. They said it could be done, but they advised that it was at my own risk while still under warranty. I decided to not do anything for now. This is my 5th trailer with slides and only one had toppers, so its not a big deal to me either way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    meadojv3 it's interesting that Grand Design actually advised you against having toppers on a 337. I've been considering them because I'd think it would protect the slide. I'm wintering in mine without slide toppers, and was concerned about snow and ice damaging them. Now you've got me wondering if I'm doing the right thing.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chemist308

Got me asking the same, am I doing the right thing for my fifth wheel.. The two dealers a contacted highly recommend them. Have question into GD to heave what they have to say before I forward
    Jimmy

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 150" Solera slide topper sitting unpacked and ready to install as soon as I get the 297 back from the dealer for warranty work and some nice weather. Can't see why you couldn't install one. Guess I will keep looking here to see before I install.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I have a 150" Solera slide topper sitting unpacked and ready to install as soon as I get the 297 back from the dealer for warranty work and some nice weather. Can't see why you couldn't install one. Guess I will keep looking here to see before I install.

Rob

Rob,
    Can I ask why you choose Solera over the other manufacturers

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was very interesting too. I spoke to my local dealer last fall when I had it winterized and asked him about slide toppers too. He said he would have to ask GD what they would recommend because not all slide rooms are built the same. They said that it was quite possible to install them but they would ask GD for their recommendations. Dont think Im going to do anything with mine for now. I had a 2016 KZ Sporttrek toy hauler and wanted that dealer to install a topper on the LR slide and they told me they couldnt because of how it was configured. I figured that if they could, they would, so it didnt happen. Only had to get on the roof once to sweep pine cones off the slide roof so I guess that was better than spending a thousand busks in the end. If someone has any experience with toppers on a Reflection, I'd be interested on how it all worked out.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meadojv3,

I would be interested as well to hear from anyone out there who own a Reflection and installed toppers on them.

Thank You for chiming in with your past experiences
    Jimmy

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been putting slide toppers on Reflections since they were created.

You can't add the door side awning that is on the slide of a 303 or 337 if it didn't come with it. There are no backers in the walls to hold it.

Toppers are fine.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that makes lots of sense!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast