User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection Slide Toppers

Has anyone installed slide toppers on 2019 Reflection 303RLS? Is this something you can do yourself?
    Pros vs cons of installing them.
    Recommendations welcomed?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed one on our previous TT with help from a friend. I thought it was fairly simple but help is needed. I had them installed by dealer on our 29RS , very similar to 303. It is definitely something you can do if you are not worried about it. I do like them for keeping debris and weather off the top of the slides. The only downside I see is being able to put some 303 protectant or such on the seal under the topper. This is used to keep the seals pliable and protected from the elements.
    The only note of caution is your one slide has the awning so you have to watch your mounting.
    Search "slide toppers" here and there is some good info.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian,
    Wasn’t able to search on toppers. Thanks for the response yiu bring up a good point regarding the awning on living room slide, not sure I even hav enough room to mount a slid topper without moving the awnings location

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should not have to move the awning. I will try some searching and find some links.

Brian

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018 303RLS, had Lazy Days Tucson install toppers on all three slides...what a disaster!

The bedroom slide topper got a score mark in the material presumably from a screw head somewhere.

The kitchen slide had all the screws pull out allowing the roller to tip the wrong side of the slide. Each time I brought it in I had to get on a ladder and pry the roller over the slide.

The door side slide had the screws pulling out but remined functional.

Took the trailer to LD for warranty work (another joke) and told them to fix the toppers. Was told they only warranted their work for 15 days...told the service writer I would see them in court.

Eventually LD did replace all the toppers at no charge but in the process I lost the protective casings that protect the material when not deployed.

Bottom line...toppers can be installed on the 303 RLS but make sure you find someone competent or do it yourself!

The LD experience on other issues was a disaster...another story!

Len

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post

Brian,
    By the looks of it they mounted the slide topper on dinette slide to the flange of the slide

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scousers View Post
    We have a 2018 303RLS, had Lazy Days Tucson install toppers on all three slides...what a disaster!
    So sorry to hear about your nightmare experience. Good luck with reaching resolution.

I have toppers on my current Solitude (five of them) and had them on my last TT. Mine were dealer installed in both cases, but no issues with either RV.

Something I definitely recommend.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Callahan View Post
    Has anyone installed slide toppers on 2019 Reflection 303RLS? Is this something you can do yourself?
    Pros vs cons of installing them.
    Recommendations welcomed?
    Here's another thread re: a 337 (assuming the pictures are from a 337) but 303 s/b the same. The mounting looks to be similar in post #2 :

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...per+reflection

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Dan,
    It does appear that the dinette slide awning can cause an issue for sure and the mounts do it fact get attached to the flange

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast