User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVRunners we just ordered our 367 and I bought a 2019 F350 SRW as well. Didn't want a dually with all the big cities and parking garages we travel to. Obviously the trucks can easily pull the weight by why is everyone so concerned about CAT scale readings?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    With the 367, I’d wager you’re over on payload but under on your axles and the GCVWR, even loaded. If payload concerns you, just weighing loaded then adding front and rear truck axles gives you your gross truck weight which you then compare to GVWR if you want.
    We took it out for a quick trip this past weekend. Love the trailer! Had it weighed (two occupants and very little "gear"...Truck alone = 8,269; Truck w/trailer (GVWR) = 11,130; Truck & Trailer (GCWR) = 21,510; So, payload = 2,726 and Rear Axle = 6,250; All that said, I am OVER on payload by 343 and OVER on GVWR by 1,130. Under Rear GAWR by 250.

Thoughts/Opinions?? All taken as helpful.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginstergti View Post
    RVRunners we just ordered our 367 and I bought a 2019 F350 SRW as well. Didn't want a dually with all the big cities and parking garages we travel to. Obviously the trucks can easily pull the weight by why is everyone so concerned about CAT scale readings?
    It would be better if you start your own thread. This is a big topic and should not be mixed into someone else's thread.

Brian

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigharje View Post
    We took it out for a quick trip this past weekend. Love the trailer! Had it weighed (two occupants and very little "gear"...Truck alone = 8,269; Truck w/trailer (GVWR) = 11,130; Truck & Trailer (GCWR) = 21,510; So, payload = 2,726 and Rear Axle = 6,250; All that said, I am OVER on payload by 343 and OVER on GVWR by 1,130. Under Rear GAWR by 250.

Thoughts/Opinions?? All taken as helpful.
    Not sure the conclusions that can be drawn from the numbers as you show them.

I can't figure out what the pin weight is based on your numbers. When you say "truck with trailer = 11,130, did that include your occupants and the very little gear? Did the weight 8269 also include the same two occupants and the same "little gear". if so, that would seem to say that the pin weight is 2861, is that correct?

Secondly you say the Rear Axle is 6250. That is the weight with trailer loaded? And the axle weight rating is, I believe 6500 lbs?

Me personally, others will likely chime in, but the critical number is the RGAWR minus the actual rear axle. So, if you are under the axle rating by 250, that's good.

Many believe the payload of the 3/4 is "artificially" set at 10K to meet the definition of 3/4 ton. It's up to you whether you subscribe to that or not.

When you say very little gear, Im assuming you mean very little gear in the 5er. That is something I believe you need to be really wary of. These things have huge storage capabilities, which, by default, will make one fee like "okay, I can toss in those extra chairs for the friends who are coming with us", and OBTW, yeah, it's summer time, so let me toss in this canopy that will fit right here etc.... before you know it, you will eat up that 250 in reserve that you have with the GAWR and continue to exceed the payload.

All things considered, personally, I would have opted for a lighter 5er and/or a 1 ton. I don't think your truck will explode by being over the payload by 343. I wouldn't like being over 1000 lbs over GVWR, but the critical number for me is the axle. You just can't give a rear seat occupant that big mac and eat it on the road.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, all weights are with the same two passengers and gear. The pin weight of 2861 is correct (bad math on my part).

Yes on the rear axle question.

We like the 5er as it meets all of our needs. I am concerned with the longer trips and possibly going way over on the piun weight and GVWR. If the pin weight goes up, then so will the rear axle load. I can see exceeding that real quick.

I am probably going to look at moving up to a 1 ton.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12