User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New & Have 367BHS

We just bought the Reflection 367, picked it up yesterday. I have a 2017 RAM 2500 with the Cummins diesel. I went over ALL of the numbers...GVWR, Towing Capacity, GRAWR, Tire capacity and CCC. The only one that I exceed is the cargo carrying capacity of the truck. I was worried about this until I hooked up for the first time yesterday. Very little sag to the truck. I considered air bags, but don't think I will need them.
    Last edited by howson; 02-15-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigharje View Post
    We just bought the Reflection 367, picked it up yesterday. I have a 2017 RAM 2500 with the Cummins diesel. I went over ALL of the numbers...GVWR, Towing Capacity, GRAWR, Tire capacity and CCC. The only one that I exceed is the cargo carrying capacity of the truck. I was worried about this until I hooked up for the first time yesterday. Very little sag to the truck. I considered air bags, but don't think I will need them.
    Welcome to the forum. I see this is your first post. A little suggestion and hopefully the moderators can move this thread.
    There is a new member introduction spot that you can make this post so we can keep separate and you can get the proper welcoming. @howson could you help with this?

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! I moved your post per Brian's request. Look forward to your contributions to what is (IMHO) a great forum.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard. Congrats on your new rig.

I too am looking at the 367BHS. Wife likes it too, so now the pressure is on to make the deal.

This is a really great forum. You'll be really welcome here and glad you joined.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love that 367 floorplan. The posted weight of 12,474 lbs. can easily go much heavier after you move your "stuff" into the trailer. And the posted kingpin weight of 2665 lbs. is likely going to be 3,500 lbs. or more.

I like to call my 3/4 ton diesel a bastard truck because of its imitations on kingpin weight, especially after my wife and I, 2.3 children, all their "stuff" and 38 gallons of diesel is added.

Sure you have the power to pull such a heavy trailer. But you're now in dually weight with the 367 trailer, and two more wheels brings heavier springs and much better stability. But only the truck scales will tell you where you stand.

I am okay with my much lighter 323BHS, but I seldom tow my trailer very far or into mountainous terrain. If you're going to be towing far and wide, a dually truck is warranted for your trailer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! Honestly I liked the 367 better, but got the 337 to stay closer to my payload and GCVWR of 21.1k lbs. Did you get the washer / dryer too?
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t get the w/d and probably won’t.
    With the max trailer weight and truck weight, I am still under the GCWR of 23,500. Can’t wait for our first trip.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t get the w/d and probably won’t.
    With the max trailer weight and truck weight, I am still under the GCWR of 23,500. Can’t wait for our first trip.
    With the intent of providing a helpful suggestion--the first time you're loaded up to go camping, plan on stopping at a CAT scale. Pull your entire setup onto the scale and get it weighed. Park the 5vr in the lot somewhere and now get the truck weighed by itself. With those two sets of numbers all of your actual weights can be calculated.

I've done it no less than four times.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the 367, I’d wager you’re over on payload but under on your axles and the GCVWR, even loaded. If payload concerns you, just weighing loaded then adding front and rear truck axles gives you your gross truck weight which you then compare to GVWR if you want.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. We’ve had our 367BHS for 2 1/2 years it is a good fifth wheel. Typical shakedown issues nothing major other than changing out the backing plates due to leaking grease seals that were an issue with Lippert axles until May 2017. We have a one ton Ford SRW and we were within 300 lbs of RAWR and payload on first CAT scale visit. Scale visit also showed about 10500 on the trailer axles so I adjusted how we loaded and ditched some items we weren’t using that often. We typically tow between 3000 and 5000 miles each year and so far/so good. Enjoy your new RV!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast