User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went from the single bowl farm sink to the double bowl sink too. Barb didn't like that she could not rinse the dishes.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing. I was wondering how much of a PITA it would be to go to a double sink just to get rid of my dishpan which takes precious counter top real estate. I would want to do a recessed version though so I don't lose the ability to close it with inserts for even more counter space when needed. I did want to ask, could you be more specific as to what "engineering" you needed to do with the drain plumbing? it seems to me that it would be direct to residential sink plumbing but I'm learning that often RV means designed very differently from residential items.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I was wondering how much of a PITA it would be to go to a double sink just to get rid of my dishpan which takes precious counter top real estate. I would want to do a recessed version though so I don't lose the ability to close it with inserts for even more counter space when needed. I did want to ask, could you be more specific as to what "engineering" you needed to do with the drain plumbing? it seems to me that it would be direct to residential sink plumbing but I'm learning that often RV means designed very differently from residential items.
    I did an undermount replacement. Plumbing was really not a big deal. I used one of these from Home Depot to minimize how low the trap drops into the storage below the sink. Re-used the P-trap. Not a hard job at all. Did need to take off the counter though and turn in upside down to install the new sink and clamps. Got the sink off of Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tubular-end-outlet-continuous-waste-kit-abs-poly-assembled.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	17736

Name:	20181228_202329.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	17737

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most obvious difference is that you need drains and a trap for a double sink, so it doesn't line up with the original drain. I ended up cutting the horizontal pipe of the original drain and using a flexible pipe from the trap to line it up. I also used a 1-1/2" PVC adapter on the original pipe with a slip fitting for the new drain.

This sink is listed as either over or under the counter and it's the same size, but 2" deeper.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing your project pics. Its always good to see what owners have done and why...

For me though, finding a lightly used GD new enough to be equipped with the single basin farm-style sink was actually a selection criteria. I converted my residential sink to a Kohler single basin Neoroc composite style 1.5 yrs ago and I really like not having the center divider in the way of washing/rinsing dishes. Just as at home, my usual practice is to wash the few dishes after a meal or perhaps rinsed and left in the sink for the next meal depending on how many dirtied. But then, its just me with few accumulated...

My last Lance TT had a composite single basin too, although somewhat smaller than in my 337RLS. I'm attaching pics showing what I used then and now to protect the sink basin surfaces as well as a small stainless basket to allow dishes to drain before toweled dry and put away. The first pic appears like the sink is scratched but its just "reflections" (so to speak ). Also providing Amazon links to that silicone mat (easily trimmed to length) and small stainless basket...

mDesign Decorative Kitchen Sink Dish Drying Mat/Grid
    iPEGTOP Expandable Deep Dish Drying Rack

Name:	20190219_131945.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	17775 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190219_132002.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	17776 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190219_132022.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	17777
    Current RV: 2017 GD Reflection 337RLS
    Former RVs: 2017 Lance 1685, 2017 Lance 1475, 2011 Lance 1685, 2010 Casita 17SD

Tow vehicle: 2014 Ford F150 S-Cab FX4 6.2L MaxTow (obviously, not for current RV)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @DirtDawg , more money spent but we do like what you have found.

Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12