User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

americas mailbox question

Hi everyone! We are members of Americas Mailbox and have a question for all of you that use their service. We are going to have our first shipment of mail sent, but do we just give the address of the post office we want it sent to? We went to post office in Eufaula, AL and they said just put general mail. Ok does America Mailbox just do this or what? We are so new at this! lol We would call but it is sunday. And how many days does it usually take to receive mail? Thanks Tara
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tara you log on to America's Mailbox web site with your PMB (personal mailbox number) number and password and click on the link that says "• View or edit your shipment schedule." and enter the address where you want your mail sent to.

We usually have it sent to the RV park that we're going to be at for more than a week. However, there are times when you may have it sent like this:

John & Jane Doe
    General Delivery
    Quartzsite, Ariz. xxxxx

Not all post offices accept general delivery so be sure to ask first. Almost all RV parks will receive mail for you, if you ask them. Be sure to ask them what address you use because it may be different then the actual street address that you used to get there.

Note: it's critical that you log on to Americas Mailbox web site prior to leaving to change your delivery address. If you don't know the address of where you'll be next, I just change it to "pick up" my mail in person and set the date for a month away. That way they'll hang on to my mail until I log on and enter the new address (it may be a week or two later).

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by JCZhome; 02-17-2019 at 08:23 AM.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great advise thank you!! We have read all papers but didn't see anything on what you just explained. Thanks again! Tara
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey another question. How long does it take to usually get the mail from SD. 2-3 days?
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsmiley72 View Post
    hey another question. How long does it take to usually get the mail from SD. 2-3 days?
    Well that depends on what part of the country that you're in, big city or little tiny burg, holidays, etc. In Quartzsite, Az. you can only pick up General Delivery mail between 12 noon and 1 p.m. It just varies, but it's usually 3-5 days, the same as any mail.

When you go to Americas Mailbox web site it shows it going out at a certain time but then the next time stamp at their local post office is usually four or five hours later, so it really doesn't leave Rapid City until the following day.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok thanks!
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL