User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Member Intro...2018 Imagine 2670MK

Good Day. We (Martha and Garry...both retired) purchased a used 2018 Imagine 2670MK about two and one-half weeks ago. While it is technically "used"...after purchase by the original owner in November 2017 it was winterized, stored and never used...due to a change in family status of the original owner around the time of purchase. We have been travel trailer camping since 2013 (in a 2013 Gulf Stream VISA 23 RBK) and we usually are out about 10 trips every season....many to areas within 3-5 hours drive from where we live near Tulsa, OK... but we have been to Florida, the Smoky Mountain area of NC, the Rockies (Rocky Mountain National Park and Door County in WI. The VISA is not a 4-Season trailer and we wanted a 4-Season trailer to extend our camping season (and camping geography) and also wanted more room and amenities which the 2670MK provides. It is usually just we two (after raising 4 children) and our two dogs. We have tested everything we can on the Imagine (the trailer is winterized) and it all works well. We will de-winterize in March (when in March depends on the weather forecasts) and take a shake-down trip to a close-by location (possibly to Osage Hills State Park west of Bartlesville, OK or the Corp of Engineers parks around Skiatook Lake west of Skiatook, OK...these COE ones aren't open until April 1, I believe) and shortly thereafter maybe head down to Texas (Fredericksburg area...). We pull the trailer with a 2012 Toyota Tundra with the 5.7 liter engine and the towing package. A Husky weight distributing hitch with a right anti-sway bar came with the trailer. We are thinking of adding a left anti-sway bar which Husky recommends for trailers our length. We are certainly open to anyone with insights into the Imagine trailers and the 2670MK in particular. Thanks.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your Imagine. Welcome to the GD family and this great forum.

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gle3186 View Post
    Good Day. We (Martha and Garry...both retired) purchased a used 2018 Imagine 2670MK about two and one-half weeks ago.
    Welcome, Martha and Garry! I can't speak specifically to the 2670MK. If you enter "2670MK" in the white rectangular box (near top right) and then click the small magnifying glass, you'll find many, many threads with your trailer's model mentioned. (Some will be relevant, so not.)

Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy many hours of reading. If there's anything specific, please feel free to ask.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy that Imagine. We have ours.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congrats. We almost bought a 2670MK back when I had a Silverado 1500. You mentioned 4 seasons. If you do any winter camping in it, please let us know how well it holds up and how warm it stays. I'm quite curious about how I'd have made out had I gone this route.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome for sure. We just bought the same model in October and could not be happier. I'm working on some mods now: lights in pantry, 3 station thermometer to measure temperature in pass through, second towel bar in bath, locking door knob on bathroom, camlocks, rear camera, coat hooks, and on and on. Take your time adjusting the Husky. We have an Equalizer and a quick set up initially (in the pouring rain at the dealer) was not adequate. We re-set it at home and it is almost perfect. I plan another adjustment. Plenty of help here on tow vehicles and proper set-up so read all you can. We are in similar class of tow vehicle. Many will tell you to go 3/4 or one ton with diesel and we don't need to get into that here. There are as many opinions as armpits about this and most are right for their own needs. I'll be doing a good test run in May in Arkansas with a little mountain driving. The 1500 pulls it no problem and you should be the same. It's mountains wind, and rain that are the issue. Gas mileage is about 7.5 but I can live with that. I had to unload most of the truck stuff I carry to get my payload down. But the Imagine has more than enough storage. I do wish I had more weight under my vehicle. When its time to replace the Ram my plan is to go with 2500, 6.4 engine, 4.10 rear end, and I'll modify it some for performance. If I were full time RVing or even close, I'd switch to diesel. The test run in some mountains will help with that decision. Haven't yet decided on 4WD but I'm leaning that way.

Other mods planned: insulation underneath bed, light in outside kitchen, hidden storage for valuables, security lock on main door (not sure what yet as I hate electronics), cover over TV opening (after dropping too many things down there), taking the big mirror down and replacing with a picture or map, ...

Although we got the arctic package or whatever they call it, you still have a box with minimal insulation, lots of glass, and plenty of access holes for cold air to enter. By the way, when you have the slides in, take a look next to the slides. On these models they leave about a 1-inch hole on either side. I have been waiting for a dry weekend to crawl under it and fill in all the holes. The big issue (and I'm not a cold weather camper when I can help it) with these campers is always the freezing up of the water pipes. There are plenty of posts here discussing that.

Again, welcome. Read as many posts here as you can and consider joining up. This is one of the better RV forums out there and the best one for all things GD.
    Bill and Kim
    2019 Imagine 2670 MK, Equalizer WDH
    2020 Ford F250, 7.3 l gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group. You mentioned Fredericksburg, Texas We stayed there not knowing the area. Be sure to look up the Lady Bird Johnson municipal park. we drove through it and wished we had reserved a spot there.. You will love love love your rig. We were blown away by the quality and reliability of ours. so far, we have taken our rig from Florida to Colorado back over to New York and down back home. our three month shake down cruse only had one blown fuse in the refrigerator. A quick call to our dealer, gave us the instructions as to how to find and replace the fuse. Good luck on your ventures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Be careful of the things you say and do
    for little eyes are watching you.
    Believe it or not, YOU are a role model.
    2019 Reflection 315 RLTS 2016 Ford F250 diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations, you will love the camper. My wife and I picked up our new 2019 model a couple of weeks ago. We spent a week in it here in Colorado in one of our many state parks. It dropped into the low 30's high 20's overnight and the camper stayed perfectly comfortable. We do like to sleep with it cold so I set the thermostat to 50 so that it would help to keep the tanks and lines warm. In the morning we simply turned on the fireplace which heated the living room/kitchen area nicely. Had it been any colder at night I would have kept the furnace warmer to assure no freezing took place below. We are down now due to bearing failure in one of our wheels on the way to store the unit. The dealer says it will take 1-2 weeks to repair which has to take place in our storage lot. I can't wait to get it back so that I can reset, or properly set, the WD hitch. It wasn't set properly at the dealership, partly because it wasn't loaded at the time and partly because they just didn't take the time I think they should have taken. Caused our Tundra to feel a little light in the front created by too much squatting in the rear. Definitely a hitch adjustment issue. I will be installing a rear sway bar and air bags on the Tundra this weekend. The truck has the heavy duty tow package on it and is rated to tow 9800 lbs. so keeping the tanks on the RV empty allows for plenty of wiggle room. We have started setting up all of the cabinets with baskets for securing items, extra command hooks for keys, hats, etc.. Still need to add tap lights to the cabinets, especially the pantry, to see those small items in the back. We love the unit so far and can't wait to get it out this summer. Have fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GLE3186:
    We have a neighbor two blocks away that has an Imagine. They are always gone, so I imagine they like their rig a lot.. Anyway, Welcome to the group, and no question is considered out of bounds. We will help if we can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Be careful of the things you say and do
    for little eyes are watching you.
    Believe it or not, YOU are a role model.
    2019 Reflection 315 RLTS 2016 Ford F250 diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cforman61 View Post
    I can't wait to get it back so that I can reset, or properly set, the WD hitch. It wasn't set properly at the dealership, partly because it wasn't loaded at the time and partly because they just didn't take the time I think they should have taken. Caused our Tundra to feel a little light in the front created by too much squatting in the rear. Definitely a hitch adjustment issue.
    We were back at the dealership a couple of times to get our Equal-i-zer hitch adjusted after getting our Imagine loaded up and ready for camping. A couple of the junior service technicians got frustrated that they kept having to work on it, but the manager of the service department understood and even took a couple rides down the road with me to test it out after some adjustments. Your travel trailer is a big investment, and you deserve to have it handle correctly; it's very likely that the weight distributing hitch will need adjustment after your trailer is loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by cforman61 View Post
    I will be installing a rear sway bar and air bags on the Tundra this weekend.
    We went with the Hellwig Big Wig rear sway bar and Hellwig air spring kit on our F150. The design for the sway bar accounts for the possibility of air springs being installed as well, so both can be mounted to the rear axle without conflict.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch