User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirugger View Post
    That’s what I was thinking..... Obviously, folks buy from Blue Dog & are happy with their purchase, so I’m not disparaging them, but you should know MY experience as it may be applicable to you. I could not, thru any negotiations tactics that I’ve practiced, get them to go low enough to make the purchase a “good one”, so I bought from somewhere else a little further away. Here’s the rub, I bought the exact same trailer you are trying to get rid of, for $5,200 less than they would go. Their manager even said “we DON’T give our best price, and then go lower!!!”, so I said okay and went somewhere else. They called me over the next 3 months, telling me “they could go lower”....... so I just tell them the name of the manager that lost them the sale and tell them how much I am enjoying my trailer that I bought from someone else. I also tell them I would’ve been happy to give them my business, but they didn’t seem to care at the time, so why should I care now that it’s convenient for them?

Just my opinion, but I think they are screwing you. Recommend you take a big calming breath, and check elsewhere. It’s a real shame that most of us have to go thru this song n dance, but the rv dealer industry seems STUCK in a business model that rewards turdism and general con-man tactics.

I’m rooting for you!
    Turdism - bwahaha! Currently it is defined as an art form used by Picasso that focuses on subject only and pays no heed to the canvas. I hope the definition changes to your more apropos use.
    The reason I got a good deal at PE RV Country was because I ended up having to threaten legal action and involve the WA State AG for their shady sales tactics, delivering a rig without the negotiated optional 2nd A/C and telling me too bad, so sad. Maybe they're better now but I'll never go back. Worst sales experience of my life. Turdism indeed!
    I think I owe you a cold one, Skirugger!

Dahus, have you checked with Clear Creek RV in Paulsbo, WA. New GD dealer. Wife and I went there to check out new rigs, they seem like straight shooters there.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will check them out for sure. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Turdism - bwahaha!
    Turdism - The act of trying to get hardworking folks to overpay for your inability to act like a human being, based on desire, location, uncertainty, and false dealings.

Used in a sentence: “Blue Dog appears to be continuing my experience by practicing epic Turdism with the OP, that’s a shame and we won’t let him go in alone!”

Hahaha that’s my definition anyway! Sorry Picasso!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jim

2017 F-250 6.7L Fx4 Lariat Long Bed Crew Cab “Daisy”
    using Blue Ox Swaypro 1500S towing
    2018 Imagine 2800BH “River”
    ReTrax MX Pro Tonneau
    70” Thule Rack System
    MORryde CRE 3000
    Champion 3400w Dual-Fuel Inverter Generator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright quick update, Ive told Blue Dog I don't like the numbers they are giving me and I'm searching elsewhere. They called and left me no less than 6 messages! They have Brough their trade in offer up to 25K which upon looking at the private market it appears to be close? $27-29K seems to be the ball park in which then you'd have to pay the taxes on, seems to be a wash? Ive contacted Clear Creek RV and just waiting for a return call. Also looking at a New 2018 Imagine 3170 out of Bozeman MT. Price seems to be ok and I'm sure they'll want to get rid of that asap. Anything else I'm not thinking of? Seriously, thanks for everyone's help. This can be a daunting task working with these dealerships.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahus7712 View Post
    Alright quick update, Ive told Blue Dog I don't like the numbers they are giving me and I'm searching elsewhere. They called and left me no less than 6 messages! They have Brough their trade in offer up to 25K which upon looking at the private market it appears to be close? $27-29K seems to be the ball park in which then you'd have to pay the taxes on, seems to be a wash? Ive contacted Clear Creek RV and just waiting for a return call. Also looking at a New 2018 Imagine 3170 out of Bozeman MT. Price seems to be ok and I'm sure they'll want to get rid of that asap. Anything else I'm not thinking of? Seriously, thanks for everyone's help. This can be a daunting task working with these dealerships.
    I use the term "out the door" price when talking with a salesperson, and I get it in writing. My definition of "out the door" does not include sales tax, tag or title. Watch out for sneaky "fees" a dealer may try to slip in after giving you their "best price". No pre-delivery inspection fees, no charge for propane or the battery (you get the idea). Finally, never forget you hold all the cards. This is an optional purchase.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved from a competitor’s very similar 27bh model to the Imagine 3170. Young family with 3 kids and we love the space, separation of rooms/living areas and the size of the bathroom. The two doors are also very convenient at this point in time when not everyone ends up going to bed st the same time. Been a great fit for us.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, first, sorry to say, you paid too much for the 2800. Second, the dealer is trying to screw you again. The price of the GD should be around 20-30% below MSRP. Go find another dealership and sell your camper outright. IMHO
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123