User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New owner of a Imagine XLS 22RBE

We just picked up our new camper and are learning about the systems and such. Love it so far and the floor plan is exactly what we were looking for - great setup for just two of us.
    Since we live in Florida of course mud dobbers are a problem so putting screens over places they would get into is important - did the refrigerator access panel and the furnace exhaust. I am wondering if anyone has screened off the range exhaust fan opening? Thanks to TucsonJim for the tip about inserting a picture!
    Thanks for any help,
    Tom and Nancy

Last edited by tanda62; 02-18-2019 at 08:35 AM.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome Tom and Nancy. Congratulations on the new Imagine. If you can't get the photo tool to work, there's another way to approach it. Click on the link below, insert your photo, then copy and paste the link that is provided. It's very easy and the method I use for most photos.

Photo Posting Link

Jim

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanda62 View Post
    We just picked up our new camper and are learning about the systems and such. Love it so far and the floor plan is exactly what we were looking for - great setup for just two of us.
    Since we live in Florida of course mud dobbers are a problem so putting screens over places they would get into is important - did the refrigerator access panel and the furnace exhaust. I am wondering if anyone has screened off the range exhaust fan opening? Thanks to TucsonJim for the tip about inserting a picture!
    Thanks for any help,
    Tom and Nancy

Welcome to the forum, Tom and Nancy! I've screened off almost everything, too, since I'm in the panhandle and have the same issue.

Please note that factory representatives (at a GD rally tech seminar) have recommended to not install screens over the furnace exhaust, refrigerator air intakes, etc. In this case I've chosen to ignore that advice since the alternative is a constant battle with bugs. I do ensure my screens stay clean.

Good luck with your new unit.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome.

I get why they would advise against screens - but if you keep them clean I think the benefit outweighs the concern. Plus, a mud dauber nest would restrict airflow far more than a screen. Did you put a screen over the range exhaust fan opening?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanda62 View Post
    Did you put a screen over the range exhaust fan opening?
    The 315RLTS doesn't have an external exhaust for the range. If it did I'd install a screen over it.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and enjoy the new Imagine. Looks like you are already getting into modifications.
    Any questions you may have there are plenty here that will help.

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your 22RBE and welcome to the forum!. We also have a 22RBE (and love it!) that we got this January. I installed bug screens on the furnace vent, Fridge vent, and water heater vent. I did not put a screen on the exhaust fan vent. I keep the flap closed when we are not using the RV so I don't think we will have a problem.
    Larry & Suzanne
    2021 GD Reflection 150 295RL
    2019 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
    6.7L Power Stroke Diesel, 3.55 rear axle ratio
    B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your new 22RBE as well! I am also looking to put mud flaps behind the tires to try and keep the sewer area a little cleaner on the road - check out my thread in the Imagine trailer section - https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...iler-mud-flaps
    Have you thought about this? any ideas of the best approach?
    Thanks
    Tom