User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GD got the insulation and heat right!

I do believe Grand Design got the insulation part of my Reflection 337 right (disclaimer, mine is skirted with an EZ Snap system.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	321E7BA9-46DF-4B0F-8031-39A8BB9132E9.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	1,012.6 KB 
ID:	17738

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43713D5F-7E5F-4E61-9739-BF5FD5F962DB.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	377.0 KB 
ID:	17739
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chemist308: We just got a 2970 RL & it is our 2nd trailer... Our first is about ½ the size on the inside, because it had no slides....our first was a Jayco Jayflight 22fb. We, unfortunately, have not been able to go out and give it a full shakedown yet. We were going to go this weekend, but with temps predicted to be the same as yours and up to 6" of white stuff, we thought no need to push luck and have an accident. With that said, we have been slowly working on getting all of the supplies back in and organized and have spent considerable time in our "vacation home" this past week, the temps have been in the 30's. While enjoying it, we have had the heat & fireplace running for heat and trying to keep it around 65.... We have gone thru the propane very fast (have filled up both tanks already) and sitting at the dining table heat was very hit or miss to being downright cold (I don't get cold that easy).... Any suggestions on how to make things more comfortable? Now, there is no skirting, because we are actually going to travel with this, but I was hoping to be able to camp comfortably in 45 degree (day) temps and now I am afraid that we will run out of propane before the weekend is over....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember asking about trying full time in an Imagine and the advice I got was that it was not as well suited for winter. But there are a few things that will help. First, put the bubble wrap foil insulation in the windows. I put in half of mine during July in Memphis and the AC actually automatically turned off in the middle of the afternoon when it was 95 outside. With an Imagine, I'd put it in all of them. Another thing that will help is skirting it. I used EZ Snap's system and since learned that the adhesive fasteners simply must be installed in the summer. I find a quartz heater is a nice addition, and allows me not to use the fireplace except for ambiance. I wouldn't run both at the same time because you need the furnace to run some to keep the pipes above freezing.

I remember thinking that if I got an Imagine I'd want to put 1/2" - 1" foam against every interior wall I could access. Not sure how well it would work, or if it would become a mold trap.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg