User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

travel UT-313 West, Arches NP to Canyonland NP

Hi All, the garmin is locked in the fifth wheel in Colorado, Michele and I are in Florida laying out our Utah summer travels and wondering about traveling along UT 313 from Arches NP to CanyonLands NP.

Anyone aware of tunnels along that route?

Joe

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've driven that route a couple of times in the last five years, and will be going again in April. To the best of my memory, there are no tunnels along the route, but there are some very steep sections with some switchbacks. But it's do-able.

Jim

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim- - -I'll check back with you in April to see how the trek went

Joe

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jph4953 View Post
    Hi All, the garmin is locked in the fifth wheel in Colorado, Michele and I are in Florida laying out our Utah summer travels and wondering about traveling along UT 313 from Arches NP to CanyonLands NP.

Anyone aware of tunnels along that route?

Joe
    Joe,
    I'm a bit confused about this. For all practical purposes UT 313 is a dead end. It goes into the north section of Canyonlands NP (Island In The Sky). Maybe I am assuming wrong but it sounds like you are asking whether you can take your rig there. I suppose you can, but why? It's one way in and one way out of Canyonlands on UT313. You can, of course, camp at Dead Horse Point State Park; lot's of folks do that. But to simply answer your question about "...wondering about traveling along UT 313 from Arches NP to CanyonLands NP..." - yes, you can and there are no tunnels.

One more thing. You absolute want to get the GyPSy Guide app for your smartphone for Arches and Canyonlands. Maybe consider checking out the Allstays Camp & RV app too as it will show low clearances.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a couple switchbacks, but nothing else of note on 313. Lots of GREAT boondocking out that way, we have spent a ton of time in that area with the Jeeps.
    2019 Reflection 150 260RD - 2018 Ford F350
    Rest of the fleet: 95 Grand Cherokee with a lot of stuff, 15 JKU Rubicon with less stuff, 98 5.9 Grand Cherokee with a little stuff

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response- - I simply put the two destinations in google maps and UT 313 came up as the route to take, glad I asked the question. I see more research in my future.

Joe