User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issues with My Progressive Industries Ems-pt50x

Went to Hilton Head Harbor RV Resort for a 4 day stay - had a blast, except that my Progressive Industries Ems-pt50x kept turning of the power - mostly happened at night. The beep that sounds when the power comes on kept us up - it happened at least twice every 5 - 10 minutes. So I put on my jacket and went outside to watch it to get the error code. To my surprise, each time it went out, it only displayed E - 0 which means normal operation. I did call the resort, but they don't have anyone on staff for these issues, and would not be able to come until Monday after we had left. They suggested using a dog bone to hook up to 30 amp, but there was no power at that plug. Tried cycling the breakers.

Anyway, got tired of it, removed the EMS and plugged directly in. No issues afterwards - steady power. Although I haven't tried it yet, was thinking of using it at home on my 30 amp RV plug with a dog bone to see it acts the same way. I have used this EMS in the past and never had an issue. How can I check the EMS for problems?
    2018 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ram BigHorn 3500 CTD

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FatTire View Post
    Went to Hilton Head Harbor RV Resort for a 4 day stay - had a blast, except that my Progressive Industries Ems-pt50x kept turning of the power - mostly happened at night. The beep that sounds when the power comes on kept us up - it happened at least twice every 5 - 10 minutes. So I put on my jacket and went outside to watch it to get the error code. To my surprise, each time it went out, it only displayed E - 0 which means normal operation. I did call the resort, but they don't have anyone on staff for these issues, and would not be able to come until Monday after we had left. They suggested using a dog bone to hook up to 30 amp, but there was no power at that plug. Tried cycling the breakers.

Anyway, got tired of it, removed the EMS and plugged directly in. No issues afterwards - steady power. Although I haven't tried it yet, was thinking of using it at home on my 30 amp RV plug with a dog bone to see it acts the same way. I have used this EMS in the past and never had an issue. How can I check the EMS for problems?
    That's a tough one to troubleshoot. I'd call Progressive.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PI's troubleshooting chart is at
    https://www.progressiveindustries.net/troubleshooting

(The only reason I knew where to look is just this am I printed it out and pasted it inside the door where my hookups are.)

Looks like they recommend trying a different outlet to verify that the EMS is or is not defective.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even using an adjacent outlet doesn't necessarily prove that the EMS is bad. Let's say you do plug into another outlet next to your campsite and you get the same results. Many folks would assume that the EMS is bad, and it could be.......but....what if it's the power source (Main panel) that feeds that line or row of campsite pedestals.....in other words, further upstream than just the original and the adjacent pedestal plugs. Maybe the entire, or a good portion of the campground is experiencing some power issues from the power company. Your best bet is to contact Progressive and get one of their techs on the phone to hopefully work you through it.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say the display read E0, did you watch the full display cycle? Once the power restores within the parameters of the EMS, the display will read E0, but during the cycle after an event it should read
    PE with a number, which means previous error code. Given your description I would be very surprised if a PE code was not displayed. Once power is shut off to the unit, the PE is erased.
    Last edited by BB&LAB; 02-20-2019 at 05:06 AM. Reason: content
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW