Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion TV life record ??

Well.. we took possession of our 303 in Jan of 14...Been watching on the Furrion TV for 5years (amazing ) !!!! Until this morning..it finally faded to black (but we can still hear it)

Time to shop for a new Television , debating on a swivel mount and a 40" to get into the cabinets behind it or just another 32". Leaning to the 32"
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our OEM TCL TV lasted less than 3 years... there's a much better TV with "Samsung" on it in its place, now.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The two TCL TV's in our rig have great pictures but they will likely be replaced with Samsung smart TV's over the next year or so.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours was rarely used and died at two and a half years.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Well.. we took possession of our 303 in Jan of 14...Been watching on the Furrion TV for 5years (amazing ) !!!! Until this morning..it finally faded to black (but we can still hear it)

Time to shop for a new Television , debating on a swivel mount and a 40" to get into the cabinets behind it or just another 32". Leaning to the 32"
    Marcy - ah heck - don't replace the TV just replace the camper - this may be just the what the DR. ordered !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Marcy - ah heck - don't replace the TV just replace the camper - this may be just the what the DR. ordered !

Dan

LOL, Believe me we tried !!! we got a price on the 3350 that was quite good but then they more than lowballed us on the trade so we walked. Guess the guy thought we wanted it so much we'd be stupid. We told him up front this is not anything we have to do and unless it's the right deal bye bye!.

After that we talked and decided that until we find the trailer that has exactly what we want (bed in the nose with night stands being #1 ) if the window dissappears in the 2930 and they enlarge the basement we'd be all over it. Plus enough storage cap. and less than 38 ft we will just keep our 303 and keep going.

We are picking up a 32" Samsung this afternoon. We aren't in front of the TV enough to bother with the 40".
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, Believe me we tried !!! we got a price on the 3350 that was quite good but then they more than lowballed us on the trade so we walked. Guess the guy thought we wanted it so much we'd be stupid. We told him up front this is not anything we have to do and unless it's the right deal bye bye!.

After that we talked and decided that until we find the trailer that has exactly what we want (bed in the nose with night stands being #1 ) if the window dissappears in the 2930 and they enlarge the basement we'd be all over it. Plus enough storage cap. and less than 38 ft we will just keep our 303 and keep going.

We are picking up a 32" Samsung this afternoon. We aren't in front of the TV enough to bother with the 40".
    Did not know you were that far along to test the pricing waters......good to hear. Generally are same page with all your comments in your second paragraph as a number of have shared on other threads over the months. Carol and I are OK with the window (prefer not to have it, though) and can make the basement work with our normal items in our 303 between there and the front storage area. I would also prefer 6 leveling legs like on the 3350 rather than 4 on the 2930. Will be interesting to see the next "S" class fiver you mentioned in another thread I trust this spring or fall ?

We went through the same TV size/mounting bracket thoughts as you stated when ours took a dump in 2014. We did stay with a 32" as we do access the cabinets quite often on each side of our TV (for those of us with early 303s have.)

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I replaced mine with another 32". Got it Best Buy for ~$130. They have a better deal right now.

The only problem I had was that the "keyhole" mounts wouldn't clear the plastic on the back of the TV. I ended up having to get longer screws and adding fender washers to them to get the right mounting geometry. Not a big deal, but be prepared.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    I replaced mine with another 32". Got it Best Buy for ~$130. They have a better deal right now.

The only problem I had was that the "keyhole" mounts wouldn't clear the plastic on the back of the TV. I ended up having to get longer screws and adding fender washers to them to get the right mounting geometry. Not a big deal, but be prepared.
    Thanks for the heads up on the mounts. We're a mile from home depot if needed.

We thought about another 720p , the price on those have dropped crazy cheap but decided on the 1080p. We can swap it out for the cheap Magnavox at the house if we sell or trade. We are in the 303 more than the house any more.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post

Yup - had to do similar with our replacement TV. I added about 3/4 inch plastic spacing collars and corresponding longer screws. Was necessary to provide adequate clearance between back of TV and cabinet panel behind TV along with having adequate room to plug in TV and after market Vizio surround sound cords. More than one trip to ACE hardware !

Trading campers would have been easier !

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast