User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Downsizing to a 230RL from a 320MKS

Not new here, but we are hopefully downsizing our 5th wheel from a 320MKS to a 230RL this weekend contingent on inspection. Been looking for a bit at downsizing and now that we had to put down one of our fur babies, makes even more sense for us. Looking forward to loosing that 7 foot of length for backing into our storage spot!
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the loss. Don't forget when downsizing you have to downsize what you carry as well, always hard to decide what to keep.
    Hope the inspection goes well.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Sorry for the loss. Don't forget when downsizing you have to downsize what you carry as well, always hard to decide what to keep.
    Hope the inspection goes well.

Brian
    Thanks. The loss hasn't been easy, but she will always be with us in spirit! We have taken into the fact the downsizing of our "stuff." Had a few Imagines we were looking our "stuff" is what kept us in a 5th wheel.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the 260RD if you have a chance as well. It's not as short as the 230RL, but after looking at a 230RL there just wasn't enough counter space for us so we picked up a 260RD.
    2019 Reflection 150 260RD - 2018 Ford F350
    Rest of the fleet: 95 Grand Cherokee with a lot of stuff, 15 JKU Rubicon with less stuff, 98 5.9 Grand Cherokee with a little stuff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two friends of ours own the 230RL. They both have 1/2 tons so didn't want anything larger. They both love them. The 260RD wasn't available at the time but it's a great floorplan also. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either.
    Wife and I have been talking and we'll likely be downsizing next time also. Everything is a little easier with a shorter trailer.
    Sorry to hear about your fur baby. We know what it's like. We feel your pain.

Good luck
    Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry about your loss. People often don't realize that losing a pet is losing a family member. The pain can run just as deep as the loss of a human.
    That said, I was in love with the 320MKS floorplan, but wife liked the 337 more--it works for me too. I noticed the 230 was even shorter than the 29RS. I am curious, though, what are the benefits of going less than 30 feet long for you? Does it make getting into state parks easier?
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have a small travel trailer. A shorter trailer tracks much better behind the truck. You don’t have to swing as wide doing turns. It’s easier to refuel. It’s much easier to find parking spots also.
    I find it’s much easier to find campgrounds with available sites that can accommodate a shorter trailer.
    I love the 337 and use it most of the time but often glad we have the shorter trailer for those times when I have to take a smaller site.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Our 220RK is a fifth wheel but it’s only 26’ so we can park it anywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are three campground sites we like that can only accommodate our small trailer.
    The 230 is a perfect size for smaller campsites.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grampscamper View Post
    There are three campground sites we like that can only accommodate our small trailer.
    The 230 is a perfect size for smaller campsites.
    This is a reason we chose 31'. Our previous TT was 34' and it fit every where we liked to go. I could have went 34' 5er but did not want the weight.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast