User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

External Speaker Upgrade Recommendations.

I went to listen to the external speakers on the RV the other night showing it to a buddy and they were absolutely terrible. Now, I didn't expect much, but they sound like they're blown.

Mine are those black ones that stick out from the wall and light up. Does anyone know how big the wall opening is and has anyone changed them for something that sounds better?

I assume I'll need marine speakers but is there something else I should look for? Thinking about it, I guess I need something shallow, too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    I went to listen to the external speakers on the RV the other night showing it to a buddy and they were absolutely terrible. Now, I didn't expect much, but they sound like they're blown.

Mine are those black ones that stick out from the wall and light up. Does anyone know how big the wall opening is and has anyone changed them for something that sounds better?

I assume I'll need marine speakers but is there something else I should look for? Thinking about it, I guess I need something shallow, too.
    I typed "speaker" in the forum's search box (small rectangular box next to the magnifying glass icon) and the first thread that returned looks like a winner! https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...raded-Speakers

There are many, many more if you'll give it a try. Grab a coffee--you'll be reading for awhile.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They aren't the best, but they do sound better (as well as the interior ones) if you adjust the radio to get the most bass.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I typed "speaker" in the forum's search box (small rectangular box next to the magnifying glass icon) and the first thread that returned looks like a winner! https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...raded-Speakers

There are many, many more if you'll give it a try. Grab a coffee--you'll be reading for awhile.

-Howard
    Okie. I tried 'external speaker' and the first 5-6 we're not really helpful.

I'll try that when I get a minute.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather than upgrading the speakers, we just use our bluetooth-connected Bose portable speaker if we want tunes outside. The sound is excellent and it lets you put the speaker where you are sitting at a suitable volume, rather than broadcasting your music into the rv park. Your neighbors will appreciate it.

Bob
    2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
    2018 Reflection 295RL

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bogen2 View Post
    Rather than upgrading the speakers, we just use our bluetooth-connected Bose portable speaker if we want tunes outside. The sound is excellent and it lets you put the speaker where you are sitting at a suitable volume, rather than broadcasting your music into the rv park. Your neighbors will appreciate it.

Bob
    Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think you're right.

Our little Bose one sounds better than the speakers inside. Nothing is going to help much outside without lots of money and work and like you said, for what gain? ...Angry neighbors.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB