User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U Dinette Removal

Has anyone taken out the U-Dinette? I find it interesting that the option to put in theater seating is $845. I have a hard time imagining that with a little elbow grease and caution you could remove the dinette and install your own seating at much less cost. I've also played around with the idea of simply leaving the area vacant for a bit while my newest kiddo is still sleeping in a pack'n'play. Hang up a curtain and they'll have their own mini-room (2400BH model). Just curious what others thoughts were and if anyone has successfully made this mod. Thank you in advance for any insight you might be able to provide.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tsassman View Post
    Has anyone taken out the U-Dinette? I find it interesting that the option to put in theater seating is $845. I have a hard time imagining that with a little elbow grease and caution you could remove the dinette and install your own seating at much less cost. I've also played around with the idea of simply leaving the area vacant for a bit while my newest kiddo is still sleeping in a pack'n'play. Hang up a curtain and they'll have their own mini-room (2400BH model). Just curious what others thoughts were and if anyone has successfully made this mod. Thank you in advance for any insight you might be able to provide.
    I haven't done what you propose, but I did notice this is your first post and already a site sponsor--welcome to the forum! Being a site sponsor keeps the ads off of this site, so the rest of your fellow sponsors thank you.

May I suggest you fill out your signature line? You can see mine below as an example. See this thread if you have questions. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...your-signature
    Last edited by howson; 02-20-2019 at 04:33 AM.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure you could.

The actual cost of the option is lower than $845, that is MSRP.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for your sponsorship as well.
    I think this is doable, there may be some screw holes in the walls that may need patched. Also watch the weight you put in the slide, do not want to overload.
    Save the dinette and replace it if you want to sell or upgrade.

Brian

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello TSASSMAN,

I have not removed it in an imagine, but I removed it from my heartland and it was a breeze. the only snag was a cable came up from the floor and into the wall through one end, so I used a multi-tool to cut it out ( it was only an inch or two from the bottom)

In the heartland, the u-shaped dinette was in three parts, each was freestanding and could be removed separately

Don
    Don & Jane Kyle
    Dash, our camping dog ( English Cocker Spaniel )
    26' TT
    2004 Chevy Silverado 1500

Here are the states we have camped in

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was surprised this weekend when working with our dinette that the back (against the outside wall) base was not attached. I took it out, put it in the under bed storage and had a little more leg room when using the dinette as a table for four. It was pretty tight with anyone sitting against the back wall.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f100owner View Post
    I was surprised this weekend when working with our dinette that the back (against the outside wall) base was not attached. I took it out, put it in the under bed storage and had a little more leg room when using the dinette as a table for four. It was pretty tight with anyone sitting against the back wall.
    Yes, they are designed that way so you can use it as an ottoman, if you have the tri-fold sofa.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS