User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LP Conversion for Small Inverter Generators

Has anyone tried one of the LP conversion kits for small inverter generators?

Several years ago, I bought a conversion kit from US Carb for a non-inverter generator and I'm convinced that LP is the way to go - I hope I never have to replace another carburator that's gotten crudded up from ethonol gas.

Today I noticed that US Carb has come out with a new type of conversion that doesn't require cutting the frame (which is difficult to do on the small inverter generators). So I ordered the kit, but it looks like it is going to require a bit of creativeness to make it work. If anyone has already been down this road, I'd appreciate any tips.

The kits are from either propane-generators.com or motorsnorkel.com which appear to be part of US Carb.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What inverter/generator do you have. The Honda 2000i doesn't require any frame cutting, just a couple of holes in the plastic covers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xgJXJkLb7Q
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I have the Ryobi 2300 and ordered the US Carb kit, but the conversion kits are very similar.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.