User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TireMinder TPMS System - False positives?

I read Lyle's thread on moving away from the TireMinder TPMS due to false positive alerts, but didn't want to hijack it. I have the TireMinder SMART TPMS system. I had a couple of false positives prior to permanently installing my signal booster. Since hardwiring it in, I have not had any problems. I would love to know if others have been getting false positives.

What I did was install the signal booster at the back end of the tow vehicle, underneath the 7-pin power plug (basically underneath the bottom of the truck). This allows for a better view of the tire sensors, and I believe that was a big improvement. I have six sensors on my truck (dually), and 4 sensors on my boat. I have not tested it yet with the TT; just with the boat. I have not had a single false positive since making this change. Note that I just changed all batteries (see next paragraph).

While discussing some ideas for permanently wiring it into the truck with Minder Research (their tech support is outstanding BTW), they asked me if I was a member of their "TireMinder Battery Replacement Program"? He told me that if I sign up, they send me free batteries and o-rings every year for just the $5 shipping. The guy asked me how many sensors I have (16), and a couple of days later I received 16 fresh batteries and new o-rings.

If you use a TireMinder TPMS I would recommend you give them a call and sign up for this program.
    Last edited by jim1521; 02-20-2019 at 08:12 PM.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    I have the TireMinder SMART TPMS system. I had a couple of false positives prior to permanently installing my signal booster. Since hardwiring it in, I have not had any problems. I would love to know if others have been getting false positives.
    We've also got the TireMinder Smart TPMS and have been pretty happy with it though one season of use. I recall one false positive over the course of 8 trips (a little over 3K miles) last season. Last season the signal booster was zip-tied to the tongue jack; for the upcoming season it's mounted inside the front storage compartment. We'll see if the different mounting location has any effect on signal performance. We just got new batteries and o-rings last week so we'll be ready for the upcoming season.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    I read Lyle's thread on moving away from the TireMinder TPMS due to false positive alerts, but didn't want to hijack it. I have the TireMinder SMART TPMS system. I had a couple of false positives prior to permanently installing my signal booster. Since hardwiring it in, I have not had any problems. I would love to know if others have been getting false positives.

What I did was install the signal booster at the back end of the tow vehicle, underneath the 7-pin power plug (basically underneath the bottom of the truck). This allows for a better view of the tire sensors, and I believe that was a big improvement. I have six sensors on my truck (dually), and 4 sensors on my boat. I have not tested it yet with the TT; just with the boat. I have not had a single false positive since making this change. Note that I just changed all batteries (see next paragraph).

While discussing some ideas for permanently wiring it into the truck with Minder Research (their tech support is outstanding BTW), they asked me if I was a member of their "TireMinder Battery Replacement Program"? He told me that if I sign up, they send me free batteries and o-rings every year for just the $5 shipping. The guy asked me how many sensors I have (16), and a couple of days later I received 16 fresh batteries and new o-rings.

If you use a TireMinder TPMS I would recommend you give them a call and sign up for this program.
    Jim,
    I've had no issues with false positives. My range extender is mounted inside the trailer tongue with industrial Velcro. I'll check into this battery replacement plan.
    Thank you,

Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a few false positives on mine, maybe three or four over 5,000 miles or so. I will be replacing it with the Ford Trailer TPMS this spring when I install new tires.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4