User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can You Finance 2 RV's

We currently own SOB, but would like to buy a GDRV and do not want to wait to sell current RV.

Question: I have heard that a lender will not approve you for a 2nd RV loan even with a 800+ FICA. This supposedly is due to if you did have financial issues the non necessity luxury items would be the first to default.

Anyone have any experience here?

Thanks,
    Curtis

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Depends on your lender. And if yours was to be concerned then it is very easy to find another. My credit union treats them just like cars - no limit to how many car loans you can have, as long as your overall financial situation easily warrants you being able to support them.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were told a bunch of malarky. Any rational lender will look at your credit and ability to repay the loan. They have the assets to back the loan, and that's all they really care about.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem financing two at a time with a high FICO score and low debt to income ratio. RV, boat, motorcycle all at the same time as my truck a few years back. I did own our home and several rental investment properties at the time. I used our credit union.....so much easier to deal with than a bank.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had that happen with a lot of lenders.

The loans are recreation loans, structured as mortgages. Most lenders will not finance 2 rec loans at the same time.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We keep a $250k HELOC open and available so we can use to buy things we plan to pay off quickly. If you have equity in your primary home you may want to look into it.

HELOC tax deductibility is restricted with the new IRS rules but it’s great to have that check book available if you come upon a good deal and you need quick cash. RV recreation loans are generally tax deductible as a 2nd home, but using a HELOC to buy an RV is no longer deductible.

I recently used it to supplement cash on hand to buy a vacation home and put a new roof on it. Using the HELOC allowed us to not use any other assets or having to get a mortgage. Yesterday we closed on a sale of some vacant land we owned and used the proceeds from that sale to pay off the HELOC. So we only paid interest for 65 days and didn’t need to touch brokerage account.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 02-21-2019 at 02:11 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all about your debt to income ratio and credit score for the most part.

Not to say certain banks won't have a policy of not letting you go 20 years on multiple rvs, i would consider that exotic financing and there might be limits on the extreme side. However those limits are not set in stone and if you are paying for it over a reasonable time frame these units are no different than cars. You can certainly buy more than you can afford.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just did this. We bought our used 5th wheel and still have out travel trailer. Both are financed.

We have very goo credit and only our house and two other vehicle loans out so I am sure that helps.

We used Good Sam financing. We couldn’t find local banks or credit unions willing to go 15 years on a loan. We like to push our loan terms out and pay extra when we can.