User Tag List

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Samsung smart TV and furrion

HELP!

We have the new TV set up and it will not work on the darned Furrion radio, it is not the connections the old tv had sound but no picture and works on the speakers so it is either the tv or us not understanding how.
    This is our first smart tv, have the software updating now. Do we have to convert the old school rca plugs to hdmi with an adapter?? OR GD wired the thing ****** backwards for the newer TVs OR could it be the TV and it'll have to go back???

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going with all of the above, because I don't know either.

Brian

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'v never used the stereo system in either of our Grand Design 5th wheels so I'm not going to be much help either. But, I'd say it's extremely unlikely that the new TV is your problem. I have two Samsung smart TV's in our new 5th wheel. On the TV, I'd first go to "Settings" then "Sound" to see which speakers your TV is set to. You can choose from the TV speakers, Audio/Optical or Bluetooth. I'm guessing if you're using RCA cables (which I never use) that you would want to select Audio/Optical output.

Sorry, just guessing all the way around....
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did your previous TV connect to the Furrion radio with a HDMI cable? If so, you will need to connect to the HDMI connection on the Samsung that is mark as "ARC". Usually it will be the HDMI #2 connection, but not always true.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We came to the conclusion that the antiquated Furrion system is to stupid to work with a Smart TV and GD likely wired it goofy. Not to mention the furrion sound is just barely tollerable. We decided to and went to get a soundbar/subwoofer. If that doesn't work it's all going back and we''ll get a stuupid tv.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    ...We decided ...to get a soundbar/subwoofer...
    Good choice. Any sound bar should sound much better than the Furrion system or the TV speakers. We connect our sound bars to the TV's with an optical digital cable.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HELP!

We have the new TV set up and it will not work on the darned Furrion radio, it is not the connections the old tv had sound but no picture and works on the speakers so it is either the tv or us not understanding how.
    This is our first smart tv, have the software updating now. Do we have to convert the old school rca plugs to hdmi with an adapter?? OR GD wired the thing ****** backwards for the newer TVs OR could it be the TV and it'll have to go back???

Marcy,
    Post the model # of the TV you are trying to get working so I (and others) can download a copy of the manual. That will help us to help you.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion Howard, It's a Samsung UN32N5300AFXZA . It should be a straight forward hook up , I think there are compatability issues seeing as the Furrion is already 5 yrs old with another 5 yrs older technology.
    We won't miss hearing it.

At any rate the sound bar is installed and sounds great, so much better than the overhead speakers. I'm glad we did it.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 02-22-2019 at 07:05 AM. Reason: typos
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion Howard, It's a Samsung UN32N5300AFXZA . It should be a straight forward hook up , I think there are comparability issues seeing as the Furrion is already 5 yrs old with another 5 yrs older technology.
    We won't miss hearing it.

At any rate the sound bar is installed and sounds great, so much better than the overhead speakers. I'm glad we did it.
    Marcy, our Furrion "sound system" is now a digital clock showing an incorrect time. Enjoy the new A/V units.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Marcy, our Furrion "sound system" is now a digital clock showing an incorrect time. Enjoy the new A/V units.
    Ditto for the “upgraded” Jensen system in our top-line Solitude. Pure junk, sloppily installed, terrible remote control... good riddance.

A VISIO sound system for <$200 and a Sony Blu-ray player for <$100 gives us vastly-better sound and picture for playing movie disks, and lets us play iPhone-based music libraries, podcasts, and web radio through the VISIO.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch