User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Groveland Oaks Campground - Oakland County, Michigan

I know it's early, but I'm thinking spring and ready for the Michigan winter to be past, already.

If you live within 200 miles of Detroit, a very fun place to camp is the Groveland Oaks Campground in Oakland County, Michigan.

https://www.oakgov.com/parks/parksan...s/Camping.aspx

The campground has 267 modern campsites,​ group areas, cabins and yurts. Modern (electric and water on site) and full hookup ​campsites are available. Average lot size is 50'x50', accommodating just about any size rig.

There is really a lot to do at and around this campground. From ORV'ing to the twisty slide into the lake to the summer concert series they host, there is always something going on.

There are two areas, so if you want a more quieter camping experience, they have an area on the west side of the lake.

If you're traveling with kids and pets and looking for playgrounds, activities, and people, definitely request the east side of the lake.

Pricing is always very reasonable and the campground always fills up fast.

I neither work for or at the campground, but definitely recommended it during long 4-5 day weekends.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So are you hosting a get together this summer?

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting thought. I've never planned an event like that, but suppose I could.

I've never been to a 'camper exclusive' event, and wouldn't know how to start one. I suppose calling the campground and asking for a discounted rate, securing a weekend around on-site entertainment would be a good start.

Picking a weekend could come from the answers of those questions, I guess.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could start a post in the " camping section" and see if anyone would want to go and fish around for dates, maybe then see what comes up. This does not have to be a Rally, could just be a group of folks getting together at a campground they might not have ever been to. After all its just camping together with people who like to camp , from this forum it would only be Grand Design owners but nothing to fancy.

Brian