Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: WTH moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTH moment

We bought our new 2018 2600RB last February and only were able to get 3 short trips in last year. I am planning a few more this year and I want to make the trailer as trouble free as possible. I have been reading quite a bit on the Westlake tires and the related failures. I figured I would change them out this spring just to be safe. Well, I was doing a few mods today and just happen to glance down at one of the tires and noticed the Goodyear logo. I was thinking I lucked out and was going to save myself a few hundred by not having to replace them. Then reality set in and i noticed the other 3 are Westlake. Seriously? Has anyone else experienced mixed brands? Seems sketchy. I wish I would have noticed it during the PDI, but I would expect them to all match. Okay, rant over.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe there was a tire failure on the way to the dealer? That is strange! I called the dealer 3 days ago & said, hey just put some Goodyears on the 2970 before we pick it up Friday....

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi gosupes,

I am quite sure that your trailer left the factory with five Westlake tires. Where the one Goodyear tire came from is either the delivery driver or your dealer . If you want the road tires to “match”, you could put the Goodyear on the spare rim and the Westlake on the road rim.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi gosupes,

I am quite sure that your trailer left the factory with five Westlake tires. Where the one Goodyear tire came from is either the delivery driver or your dealer . If you want the road tires to “match”, you could put the Goodyear on the spare rim and the Westlake on the road rim.

Rob
    Maybe it's the OCD in me, little things like that are always in the back of my mind. I think I will spring for 4 new Goodyears and sell the Westlakes for whatever I can get for them.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gosupes View Post
    Maybe it's the OCD in me, little things like that are always in the back of my mind. I think I will spring for 4 new Goodyears and sell the Westlakes for whatever I can get for them.
    Hi gosupes,

Your plan to replace new Westlakes with Goodyears has certainly been discussed at length on this forum. Most new towable RVs of any brand are riding on Westlake tires. I towed ours for thousands of miles and three years before replacing them. The Westlakes looked perfect inside and out when they were removed. The “heavy” Solitudes and Momentums have had more problems with Westlakes than the lighter trailers.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS