User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I here ya Dave. But I'm here to tell ya - both the Bargmans & the strips are bright sumbitches even in the daytime.

Tom

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESIS View Post
    I here ya Dave. But I'm here to tell ya - both the Bargmans & the strips are bright sumbitches even in the daytime.

Tom
    Good point!

: )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job! good post.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll tell you what's bugging me though. In that one pic, that mounting plate looks unlevel. So you can bet that once I get done here, I'm gonna go out and put a level on it. Yes....it's a sickness.
    LOL Tom . . .

I doesn't work that way! I actually started my tail light replacement with level in hand . . . but, nothing on this trailer is exactly parallel or square to anything else. If I set the new lights parallel to the side of the trailer, they weren't parallel to the bumper. Deciding between being parallel to the bumper or parallel to the ladder steps for the right side light was driving me nuts! I finally decided that this thing is more like a boat than it is like a house . . . just stand back and line it up by eye

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    In the end we decided to only tow the trailer during the day . . .
    It is actually brake light visibility during the day that is the biggest concern. The OE lights are quite visible at night, but barely noticeable in bright sunlight.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    while the new lights do look good in the daylight, I bet they look awesome in the dark! So, how bout a nighttime pic?
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    while the new lights do look good in the daylight, I bet they look awesome in the dark! So, how bout a nighttime pic?
    Not the trailer, but the snapshot below is from a video I made for the GL1800Riders forum. I think it does a good job of showing the difference (with the same lighting) between the OEM filament and SoCalMotoGear LEDs (brake lights are on). Every single light on my 'Wing is now LED. I'm going LED on the trailer at the first opportunity.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goldwing.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	17879
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    These two pictures are taken within seconds of each other, just after dusk. The tail lights only do not turn off the flash on the phone camera. The brake lights are bright enough to trick the camera into turning off the flash. My intent is to have brake lights that can't be missed in full daylight . . . they sure won't be missed after dark!! As discussed on this parallel thread . . . https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...988#post216988 my reason for this is that with disc brakes, I am able to stop much faster than expected by following traffic. I want to give them as much notice as possible.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4094.jpg   IMG_4095.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob......are your marker lights (the ones at the top of the RV) LED's also?

BTW - that comment about using a level is so true. When I was laying out the Barman's placement, I resorted to eye-balling it in.

I'm gonna attempt to take some video of the lights around dusk to show how they are both semi day and night. I'm also gonna post some pics of the other goofy azz wiring that GD did and that I re-did.

Please.....PUH - LEEEZE some one talk me outta re-doing that round 3 conductor to 14/2 romex connectors connections.

Tom

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob......are your marker lights (the ones at the top of the RV) LED's also?

BTW - that comment about using a level is so true. When I was laying out the Barman's placement, I resorted to eye-balling it in.

I'm gonna attempt to take some video of the lights around dusk to show how they are both semi day and night. I'm also gonna post some pics of the other goofy azz wiring that GD did and that I re-did.

Please.....PUH - LEEEZE some one talk me outta re-doing that round 3 conductor to 14/2 romex connectors connections.

Tom
    Hi Tom,

The marker lights are still the original incandescent ones. I was thinking about replacing these (or maybe just the bulbs?) with LEDs. The reason that I hesitate is that TucsonJim did this and then had difficulties with the diagnostics in the truck thinking that the trailer was disconnected. Low current draw maybe?

I am going to check the mounting screws on each one for water intrusion after what I found on one of my brake lights.

I dropped the rear underbelly a while ago, to track down why the outlet for my fireplace quit working. That whole story . . . and it wandered around a bit . . . is in this thread. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...y-Stuff/page13 Post 1 is the wiring rats nest you have seen as well. Post 30 in the failed 120V connector. Post 25 is how I used regular extension cord plugs and sockets to replace the OE Molex connectors. There might be something better, but these were easily available and seem to work fine. What were you thinking of using to connect the solid core wire to the stranded? I am not a fan of wire nuts anywhere on anything (car/truck/trailer/boat/etc) that moves.

Rob
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 02-23-2019 at 05:58 AM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast