Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

28MKS Heating System Trouble

We purchased our 2019 28MKS late in the season and did not get to camp with it. While loading it with our gear, I noticed that there is no heat coming through the heating duct to the bedroom. The kitchen ducts are putting out plenty of heat so it's not the furnace. I assume the duct to the bathroom and bedroom is not connected correctly or is plugged. Has anyone had this issue? Now our first camping trip in April will be near the dealer so we can drop it off for warranty work! Grrr!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeofIowa View Post
    We purchased our 2019 28MKS late in the season and did not get to camp with it. While loading it with our gear, I noticed that there is no heat coming through the heating duct to the bedroom. The kitchen ducts are putting out plenty of heat so it's not the furnace. I assume the duct to the bathroom and bedroom is not connected correctly or is plugged. Has anyone had this issue? Now our first camping trip in April will be near the dealer so we can drop it off for warranty work! Grrr!
    Since this is your first post, let me first welcome you to the forum.

It is not unheard of for a duct to fall off or come undone on a new trailer. In the case of my 315RLTS, the duct under the kitchen island was clogged by what looks like aluminum foil that wasn't tucked against the walls properly. Got in there and pushed it into position and voila--hot air.

Good luck with the repair and let us know how your maiden voyage goes!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See if you can access the back of the furnace. You might have to pull out a drawer or two to gain access depending on where the furnace is. Anyway, as howson mentioned, look at the back of the furnace to see if the duct came off. Then remove the vent in the bedroom and see if the ductwork came off of it. Might just be that easy.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something else to check depending on the design of your heat system. My heater vent tubing went from the heater into a metal box/air chase then out of the floor vents. We had very little flow to bathroom and bedroom (5th wheel). I removed the vent tubing and the hole size was 2” in the metal chase. So basically a 4” hose Blowing into a 2” opening. Cut a bigger opening and magically works like it should have.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD