User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fused Amperage For Disc Brake Controller.

If you added brakes yourself and I suppose even if you had someone add them, what brand controller did you use (get) and what is the fuse rating for the 12VDS supply?

I am installing them myself using a CARLISLE Hydrastar® 1600 PSI Electric / Hydraulic Actuator #HBA-16. The instructions say 25a to 40a with a footnote that says 40a for cold weather.

Thanks for the help.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    If you added brakes yourself and I suppose even if you had someone add them, what brand controller did you use (get) and what is the fuse rating for the 12VDS supply?

I am installing them myself using a CARLISLE Hydrastar® 1600 PSI Electric / Hydraulic Actuator #HBA-16. The instructions say 25a to 40a with a footnote that says 40a for cold weather.

Thanks for the help.
    Hi traveldawg,

See the first post of this thread . . . https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...161#post133161
    This is the Brakerite actuator, so might be different than your Hydrastar, but I measured 28 amps at startup and 22 amps at full braking.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Rob. I printed out the wiring diagrams & write-up you used and will compare them to what I did.

The Hydrastar controller only uses 4 wires vs. the 5 that the Titan controller uses. But I had already done the same as you - cut the cable that had the blue and white wires; used that blue wire to connect to the Hydrastar blue wire to control the pump and repurposed the white wire for the yellow wire the HydraStar uses with the break-away switch (similar to the Titan brown wire). While I'm explaining I'll add that I connected the black Hydrastar wire (+12v) to my rig batteries (and fused it for 30 amps) and ran the controller's white ground wire to the common ground that GD uses in the front bay.

I'll check what amperage my controller pulls as soon as I connect the rest of my brake lines.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods