User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No sealant on the entrance portal to the water management area.

I noticed a bulge in the floor of the storage area adjacent to the water management area. The front corner of the wood under the flooring was soaked. I determined that the moisture was coming from the port on the bottom of the water management closet that had no sealant on it. Water that spills from disconnecting hoses had no place to go so it would seep under the port fitting and soak into the wood. Grand Design had the foresight to put a nice plastic floor there and sealed it well against the walls but neglected the port fitting. Hope mine was just an oversight.

2015 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paulandruby View Post
    I noticed a bulge in the floor of the storage area adjacent to the water management area. The front corner of the wood under the flooring was soaked.
    Can you post a picture (or pictures) to show the problem?
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disconnect the hose from the hydrant first and the trailer second. That way there is no water in the hose when you disconnect it from the trailer.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paulandruby View Post
    I noticed a bulge in the floor of the storage area adjacent to the water management area. The front corner of the wood under the flooring was soaked. I determined that the moisture was coming from the port on the bottom of the water management closet that had no sealant on it. Water that spills from disconnecting hoses had no place to go so it would seep under the port fitting and soak into the wood. Grand Design had the foresight to put a nice plastic floor there and sealed it well against the walls but neglected the port fitting. Hope mine was just an oversight.
    On our 2018 Reflection the bottom edges of the water management area were not sealed - I had to silicone them myself. On our 2018 Solitude the walls are sealed. So apparently is the port for bringing hose and cable from the outside, because water does not drain from the area (it did from the Reflection). A cup or so of water if spilled in there can stay there for days.

2015 Reflection 337RLS[/QUOTE]
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picture of sealed port.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190225_152531.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	18370

Here's a picture of how I sealed mine. The white around the edges of the pan were factory. The port was not sealed. I added tape putty underneath and clear sealant around the edge and the screws. Also added some screws because the wood underneath is pretty soft. Not real pretty but it doesn't leak.