User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to find a good worker with any type of pride these days. It is not being taught very much.

It's a sad place we are headed these days.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I think back to my days in the computer manufacturing and service industry and the hours of training I had to go through with the 6 Sigma quality model, I just shake my head. It made a real difference in reducing the defect count and the cost of manufacturing and service. But then again the computer company I worked for (25 years) was an international corporation, huge in size and scope compared to the individual RV manufactures and related companies like Lippert. Of course this quality model is way too expensive to implement in the RV industry. I am sure they would deem it not necessary, they are doing fine without it.. After all we are still buying their product,,,,I am guilty,, I just bought a new RV.

I'll just take what I have and make it what it should have been in the first place.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    When I think back to my days in the computer manufacturing and service industry and the hours of training I had to go through with the 6 Sigma quality model, I just shake my head. It made a real difference in reducing the defect count and the cost of manufacturing and service. But then again the computer company I worked for (25 years) was an international corporation, huge in size and scope compared to the individual RV manufactures and related companies like Lippert. Of course this quality model is way too expensive to implement in the RV industry. I am sure they would deem it not necessary, they are doing fine without it.. After all we are still buying their product,,,,I am guilty,, I just bought a new RV.

I'll just take what I have and make it what it should have been in the first place.
    Steve, I think you summed it up perfectly in your last sentence. That sentence has given me a bit of an epiphany. Take something that's got "the best bones you can find" - and I realize that that bar may be quite low in the RV industry - and learn to basically build/repair it yourself from the ground up. That has proven to be highly successful in the boat world.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    Steve, I think you summed it up perfectly in your last sentence. That sentence has given me a bit of an epiphany. Take something that's got "the best bones you can find" - and I realize that that bar may be quite low in the RV industry - and learn to basically build/repair it yourself from the ground up. That has proven to be highly successful in the boat world.
    Too bad we can't buy them in a semi-kit form so we don't have to spend so much effort straightening things out. I'd go for coroplast kit, plumbing and electrical diagram, HVAC ducting kit, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12