User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Groveland Oaks, Oakland County, Michigan - Anyone interested?

I know it's early, but I'm thinking spring and ready for the Michigan winter to be past, already.

If you live within 200 miles of Detroit, a very fun place to camp is the Groveland Oaks Campground in Oakland County, Michigan.

https://www.oakgov.com/parks/parksan...s/Camping.aspx

The campground has 267 modern campsites,​ group areas, cabins and yurts. Modern (electric and water on site) and full hookup ​campsites are available. Average lot size is 50'x50', accommodating just about any size rig.

There is really a lot to do at and around this campground. From ORV'ing to the twisty slide into the lake to the summer concert series they host, there is always something going on.

There are two areas, so if you want a more quieter camping experience, they have an area on the west side of the lake.

If you're traveling with kids and pets and looking for playgrounds, activities, and people, definitely request the east side of the lake.

Pricing is always very reasonable and the campground always fills up fast.

I'm curious if anyone is interested in participating in a Grand Design Owners rally July 19-21st, July 26-28th, or August 2-4th.

These dates are totally flexible. I am just curious if there is any interest.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I recall isn't this a first come first serve as far as campsites go? Scratch that last comment.., just visited the website and see they changed to reservations...it has been a looong time since visiting a county park. We had a couple bad experiences with 2 Oakland County Parks several years back and never returned.

All that said we may give it a shot if we are in town an informal gathering could be fun.

For local camping we prefer the wooded State Park just down the road, Bigger sites and more private . But have no kids to have to entertain.

Last edited by WhittleBurner; 03-01-2019 at 06:16 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/