Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update, sure this will help others , me if I can remember.
    Also moved to plumbing section.

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want to know the ultimate in frustration? The Atwood Water heater in my 303RLS stopped working, so I decided to replace with a Furrion Tankless Water Heater. Before I began, I watched a video on eTrailer.com (https://www.etrailer.com/tv-install-...el-fr48sr.aspx) in which they replaced the Atwood with a Furrion Tankless on a 2015 Reflection 303RLS. Looked straightforward. So, I removed the Atwood and installed the Furrion. The wiring harness to the water heater has four wires (a positive wire which is supposed to come from the convenience center gas switch, a white one from the electric switch, a green ground wire, and a "light lock-out wire," which I'm not sure what is. Anyways, the video said to connect the white wire to the black wire on the Furrion and the green ground to the white wire and tape the other unused wires back on the harness. Did so, and used bullet connectors so I would disconnect in the future. Even though the water heater circuit breaker was switched off on the panel, I found I still had A/C to the Atwood, so I disconnected shore power and completed the disconnect. Taped the end of the A/C cable to prevent it from making contact with anything. After wiring as the video said, I reconnected the shore power. Found I no longer have DC power to the water heater, tank heater or battery/tank indicator lights. Tried tracing the wires and found the harness at the water heater is not the same color as the wires at the switches. After about 8 yours of unsuccessfully trying to trace the wires, I took the unit to a Lazy Daze dealer in Council Bluffs, IA, who could also not find the problem. The only solution they could find to get the water heater working again was to run a new dedicated wire to a spare fuse position on the fuse panel, which still didn't solve the tank heater/indicator light issue. On the Grand Design Forum, I found an owner who had the exact same issue on a 297, and found a defective 7.5A fuse behind the convenience center panel. Called Brittany at Grand Design Customer Service and asked her if my unit had a similar fuse as I did not recall seeing one when I had the convenience center panel out. After several minutes, she returned saying there are no wiring diagrams available for the 303RLS. She asked a tech at Grand Design, who said the 303RLS does not have an inline fuse like the 297. So, I asked, because the problem with mine and the problem with the 297 were identical, where the fuse would be. She said, "I'm not a tech, so I don't know." She further stated, "I'm sorry you're frustrated, but I can't solve your problem." So much for standardization and quality control by a company that professes to be "The best in the business." There is a 7.5A fuse for the convenience center on the fuse panel, but this fuse is good. So, after about 16 hours of trying to solve the issue, I'm no closer to solving the problem than I was when I started (except that it will now cost me hundreds of dollars to run a new wire for the water heater). I believe I will now have to route another dedicated +wire to the convenience center from the fuse panel or do without the tank heater and battery/tank indicator lights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12